Beginners and Beyond

What's the Word WednesDAILIES (Read 30 times)

RunningOnSand

Coffee now, breakfast soon, run later. What's on your agenda?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

SRD.  Community band concert with DW tonight.  Back to it tomorrow.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

Coldish out (14F), but it's a cloudless sky. I made my run commute longer with a little detour for the first time since the marathon in October. 5 miles. I wish this would have been a weekend morning because I would have liked to run much longer and take in  much more sun than I did.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Coldish out (14F), but it's a cloudless sky. I made my run commute longer with a little detour for the first time since the marathon in October. 5 miles. I wish this would have been a weekend morning because I would have liked to run much longer and take in  much more sun than I did.

I hear you.  We've had a lot of grey skies here and being outside in sunshine is precious.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

GinnyinPA

We had that sunshine yesterday. It was glorious. There was a little sun earlier this morning, but now we're back to normal winter gray.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 with 4 X 800m tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

HEY lmao.  I swam 2800 yards this morning (1.6 miles) for the third day in a row.  I was expecting to be tired but I had a good swim.  Bike workout later.

I am hungry and the office I am working in has a shit ton of junk food.  Three types of cookies (if you count Italian cookies as one type), multiple kinds of chips, and lots of candy.  I am trying to be good but this is going to be tough.

<3

Runshortii

SRD.

I’m debating setting my alarm for 6am on NYE to register for a HM in March that sells out in 30 minutes and that’s supposed to be the toughest course in northern IL, because why not

LRB

SRD.

I’m debating setting my alarm for 6am on NYE to register for a HM in March that sells out in 30 minutes and that’s supposed to be the toughest course in northern IL, because why not

What's the draw? The fact that it's a popular event or tackling the course?

LRB

What's on your agenda?

Run, work, office party, more work, massage, wine.

onemile

because why not

hmmmm...

alarm for 6am

toughest course

KCRuns

SRD.

Which race?

sdWhiskers

4 "easy" miles this morning but they didn't really feel so easy. I assume this is to be expected 10 days after a marathon? Feel completely out of shape and HR is like 10 higher even though I'm running even slower than normal easy. Bleh, not so enjoyable. Not sure if it means I should run more or less right now.

HM on Saturday that might be a slog even though I planned on running 1 min per mile slower than HM pace.

KCRuns

Onemile, it looks like Athleta isn't going to restock their Polartec tights any time soon, so I bought a pair of the Polartec pants (1/2 price on ebay) that look to be the same material and everything, just pants instead of tights.  I hope to get them this week Smile

https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=3&pid=257100032&searchText=polartec

onemile

Onemile, it looks like Athleta isn't going to restock their Polartec tights any time soon, so I bought a pair of the Polartec pants (1/2 price on ebay) that look to be the same material and everything, just pants instead of tights.  I hope to get them this week Smile

https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=3&pid=257100032&searchText=polartec

let me know what you think. I wanted to get my mom a pair for dog walking but she's not crazy about wearing tights. I wasn't sure if the pants would be as warm bc they aren't as close fitting