Beginners and Beyond

Confirmation of my Boston marathon volunteer assignment (Read 90 times)

Nevrgivup

So excited its only a month away. I received confirmation last week that I'll be volunteering as an RN in the main medical tent at the finish. I really look forward to this event almost as much as the marathoners. I can't wait for April 15th and wanted to share. Good luck to all who are running! I hope we see a gorgeous day. Only 4 more weeks!!

Lily and LTH must be getting very excited!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Hilary, you're doing a great kindness for the runners. I'm sure you'll be very appreciated.

Mmmmm...beer

That's awesome!  Can't have a race without the volunteers.  I hope that your services aren't needed, but I'm sure many will be very glad you are there.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Thank you sooo much, Hilary for doing this! Hopefully you'll be busy smiling that beautiful smile of yours at us, rather than doing your nurse job!

Yes! I'm excited! :-) And I'm also excited at the idea that this darn training cycle is about to end. Big grin This one was a little too intense for me...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Nevrgivup

Thank you sooo much, Hilary for doing this! Hopefully you'll be busy smiling that beautiful smile of yours at us, rather than doing your nurse job!

Yes! I'm excited! :-) And I'm also excited at the idea that this darn training cycle is about to end. Big grin This one was a little too intense for me...

I'll be at the finish. Please come by the medical tent if you can ( not as a patient ) so I can congratulate you Lily.

happylily

I'll be at the finish. Please come by the medical tent if you can ( not as a patient ) so I can congratulate you Lily.

I'll be running with a friend who has a habit of cramping badly in the last mile or two. He usually HAS to stop by the medical tent, poor him. :-( So chances are good that you'll see me there as well! (but happy and smiling, hopefully. :-))

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Nevrgivup

I'll be running with a friend who has a habit of cramping badly in the last mile or two. He usually HAS to stop by the medical tent, poor him. :-( So chances are good that you'll see me there as well! (but happy and smiling, hopefully. :-))

Good luck!

RSX

I will be watching the clock at 20k right where the Wellesley College chip mat is. It is a lot of fun in that area,

Mostly harmless

Thanks to you and everyone else the volunteers at races.  I don't because I am not a good person.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Love the Half

Thank you for volunteering.  I'm pretty much just jogging the race so if you see me as a patient, something has gone bad wrong.  If you can let me know what station you'll be working, I'll try to stop by after the race.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Nevrgivup

I would love to meet you! I'll be in the main medical tent at the finish line. Pm me here or FB. Have a great time!

Thank you for volunteering.  I'm pretty much just jogging the race so if you see me as a patient, something has gone bad wrong.  If you can let me know what station you'll be working, I'll try to stop by after the race.

So excited its only a month away. I received confirmation last week that I'll be volunteering as an RN in the main medical tent at the finish. I really look forward to this event almost as much as the marathoners. I can't wait for April 15th and wanted to share. Good luck to all who are running! I hope we see a gorgeous day. Only 4 more weeks!!

Lily and LTH must be getting very excited!

Thanks for volunteering! I know someone who was amongst the many that utilized the med tent at the finish last year. If I see you at the finish I hope it will not be for your professional help!

Just B.S.

Have fun Hil!!!

A few of my friends are driving the 10 hours to volunteer this year. They have all run Boston before.

They will be at the school in Hopkinton, on clothing duty. They are super excited!

Dr. Cornsitter

Good luck to those who are racing! I'm hoping to get out of working that day so I can catch a glimpse!

And I hope you have a very uneventful day in the medical tent!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Village people

Sounds exciting! I bope you aren't too busy.

One of DH's colleagues worked in the medical tent for many years.

One more thing, Go Sox!