Beginners and Beyond

New Years Dailies (Read 36 times)

delicate flower

Happy 2017!  I hope everyone has accomplished their 2017 goals already.

It's another ski and run day for me.  Planning on taking the skiing easier today.

<3

LRB

Rest day #8 for me, I think. That would be my second such streak in 4 weeks as I took 8 days off after CIM last month.

In more uplifting news, I watched Pitbull's New Years special last night, and there were a steady stream of rappers from the 80s and 90s performing and some of them were HUGE.  So I have that going for me. Big grin

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I made it until nearly 9PM last night.

I ran 3.2 miles in misty dark with the fog so thick I could barely see the lines on the road.  I can't think of a better way to start the year.

Have a great day everyone!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Attended the third annual Transylvania Runners New Year's Day Track Mile.

Time was 10 seconds slower than last year, but the pacing was reasonably even at 1:37, 1:40, 1:38, 1:38.  Final time 6:34.  Gives me a benchmark for starting the year - I've got some work to do.

I had mentioned doing this race in my comments to a regular workout to my coach, and she updated my training schedule to include the race.  She also added a 2 mile warm up and 2 mile cool down.  Left to my own devices, I would probably have done about a mile before, and maybe a half mile after.  So this whole coaching thing might add a bit of discipline to my training.  We'll see.

Happy New Year to all at B&B.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Happy new year.

Ran a bit shy of 8 on sidewalks with a lot of slippage from the 2 inches of  snow over a brownish snow-slush underneath (whatever that's called in English). Had a bad poop attack and barely made it to the building where I work. I was really freaking out as it seemed I would never make it, and at the same time that was not an option. I must have had a look of pure terror on my face.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Had a bad night of sleep for someone that went to bed early. First at 6am some ruckus downstairs woke us up and we had to check it out and make sure it was just the cats.  Then, I fell back asleep and had one nightmare after another until 9am.  Sheesh.

Having said that, I have 20 with 12 @ MP on the TM coming up.

Happy New Year!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Ran a bit shy of 8 on sidewalks with a lot of slippage from the 2 inches of  snow over a brownish snow-slush underneath (whatever that's called in English).

Um, that would be shit.

No more marathons

Having said that, I have 20 with 12 @ MP on the TM coming up.

Happy New Year!

I have 20 trips to the buffet bar at a great Indian restaurant.  That's almost the same.  

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Um, that would be shit.

ROTFLMAO.

Good one.

He's a leaker!

onemile

I am thinking I might take today off since I am starting back with Addie tomorrow

Also I registered for IMM 2017, since they had some discount.  Probably should have waited

Also I registered for IMM 2017

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I have 20 trips to the buffet bar at a great Indian restaurant.  That's almost the same.  

Yum, I want Indian buffet now. Will have to be happy with Chinese pre run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I am thinking I might take today off since I am starting back with Addie tomorrow

Also I registered for IMM 2017, since they had some discount.  Probably should have waited

Woohoo!  I should ask hubby if he wants to come back and sigh up for the HM.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

It was $65 when I saw it, that's hard to pass up even if you decide later not to run it. I used to do that with Detroit when it was the same price, which went up to something stupid like $135 in August.

From the Internet.

I ran a workout. It was super fun.

1 mile @ 10K: 7:03

1 mile @ tempo: 7:27

0.75 mile @ 10K: 5:17 (7:03 pace)

1 mile @ tempo: 7:24

0.5 mile @ 5K: 3:25 (6:50 pace)

1 mile @ tempo: 7:20

0.26 mile faster than 5K: 1:38 (6:20 pace)

3 minute recoveries between all - I'd consider cutting it down next time but with the headwind today it was much appreciated. 13.24 miles total including warmup/cooldown/recovery distance.