Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins are Runnin' With the Devil... (Read 235 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! 

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens... 

Today is a big, busy day for me. I am running in the Foot Locker Cross Country Championship 5k. Actually, the "championship" part is for the hs runners. I am running in the "open division" at 7:30am PST. It is on the tough, hilly course at Mt. Sac. I was there earlier for the packet pick up and there were thousands of kids there from all over the west. They are even coming from AK and HA for this. Also, you might be able to watch some races here. I don't know if my race is on there, but I will be wearing a bright green shirt, black shorts, and blue hat (and fun socks for Steph!).  I just hope it does not rain.  After all that, I get to go out and play with my band for about 200 people tonight. Get the reference in the thread title? Running, rock music... Van Halen... ? Get it?  Smile That will be fun!! I will try to have pictures from both.

I hope I started this correctly... first time for me!

Good luck to the racers and have a great weekend.  

Sloooow.

Good luck with tomorrow, Jack! Hope you have no issues with the IT band and the race goes smoothly.

Bin Running

Jack, thanks for starting.. Good luck on that 5K.. Whip those 20s ass.

AFM.. going on 3M recovery before tmr HM.. Last night DS had a fever and didn't sleep well.. He throw up on bed just after night time milk. Had to clean up and change the sheets.. Thankfully, his fever is gone now.. Shld be a nice end to this week.. Or, shld I say nice start to Dec..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Good luck to bin and Jack!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Jack, Coralie, Bin, and Zelanie! 

Jack - good luck!

Bin - Good luck for tomorrow!

Yesterday for me was no running but did crosstraining with the knife and fork. Went downtown for Greek food and had a Cauliflower wrap with hummus. Next up was the gourmet cupcake shop that just opened. Finally, visited the wine store for some tasting and scored a nice bottle of red!

Today is full body workout at the gym and then we have to go to a funeral.

Have fun today Penguins!  

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack - That sounds like a day filled with awesomeness.  Make sure to run real fast, and rock real hard!  Just don't get your outfits mixed up.

CoralieT - Didn't you have a race yesterday?  If so, how did that go?

Bin - Just don't forget your headband.  I'm betting that you have a great race.

Zelanie - I second that.

Gustav - That's my kind of cross training.  I can't do that everyday though, or it would be over training.  Sorry about the funeral.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Just realized that it was December, and time to tally up November. 

143.87 miles for the month!  I believe that's a PR.  I'm cool with that. 

Of course, if I can keep my streak, December will be 180 miles.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Penguins !!!  Great start Jack!!!  Good luck with the 5K and you too Bin with the HM.

Congrats on the mileage AW.

Have a great weekend Coralie and Mel, and Gustav (love the Greek food)

Cheers

PADRunner

Boot camp  plus a mile for the Holiday streak today.

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Morning Penguins!

Good luck on your race Jack & have fun rockin’ it out tonight!

Hope your baby feels better Bin thankfully his fever is down. Have a great race!

Great November AW, December will be even better!

Good Morning Coralie, Zelanie  Gustav & Jerryb!

AFM: 6.40 miles today.

Have a great Saturday everybody!

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning Pengs!

Jack - thanks for starting us off!  Love the thread title.  Good luck today and have fun tonight! Can't wait to hear how you and DW do!

Bin - sorry that the kiddo wasn't feeling well.  Sad  Hopefully you get a better night sleep tonight and I can't WAIT to hear about your HM tomorrow!

Coralie - Have a happy Saturday!

Melanie - morning!

Gustav - have a good workout today, I'm sorry for your loss.

awood - nice miles, buddy!!  That is so awesome!

Jerry - hope you guys have a nice Sat!

PADrunner - have a good bootcamp and good job keeping the streak!

Tweaky - Good luck with your 6.4!  Or did you already do it?  It's a funny number to plan to do Smile

AFM:  Got in 5 on the TM this morning, 2 at a slightly faster but not tempo pace.  If call is quiet I'm going to pull a double and get back on the TM for a few tonight.

Have a great one , everybody!!

Liz

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good job Doc!  My first HM of 2013 hasn't posted the date yet.  It's going to either be the last weekend of March, or first weekend of April.  I just thought you'd like to know, because it's kind of an important date.  You might want to start looking for a race now :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

I'm racing on April 7th so please try to make that work.  Thank you for your consideration in this matter. Wink

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Morning Pengs!

Jack - thanks for starting us off!  Love the thread title.  Good luck today and have fun tonight! Can't wait to hear how you and DW do!

Bin - sorry that the kiddo wasn't feeling well.  Sad  Hopefully you get a better night sleep tonight and I can't WAIT to hear about your HM tomorrow!

Coralie - Have a happy Saturday!

Melanie - morning!

Gustav - have a good workout today, I'm sorry for your loss.

awood - nice miles, buddy!!  That is so awesome!

Jerry - hope you guys have a nice Sat!

PADrunner - have a good bootcamp and good job keeping the streak!

Tweaky - Good luck with your 6.4!  Or did you already do it?  It's a funny number to plan to do Smile

AFM:  Got in 5 on the TM this morning, 2 at a slightly faster but not tempo pace.  If call is quiet I'm going to pull a double and get back on the TM for a few tonight.

Have a great one , everybody!!

Liz

Hehee my messy miles! I sure hope I get a nice shiny Garmin for Christmas!

During the week, I run inside on a track. Sometimes on the weekend I run on a trail that's a 3.6-mile loop. When I run through my neighborhood, I do an out and back. I walk to the main road and measure the distance to the next major street, using Google maps. My only even distance from is my 3-mile run. Then I do a 5.4, 6.4 or 13.4, : )

There’s probably a better system, but oh well…hopefully I get that watch, LOL

Brenda  

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham