Beginners and Beyond

Toast, Bagels, English Muffins, MonDAILIES (Read 49 times)

LRB

With Butter, jam or jelly?

LRB

'Sup.

I usually go toast with butter and strawberry jam. There was a good while there where I went with dry toast but have long since come to realize that was stupid.

Little Blue

I am having 12 grain bread with PB.  Early start today, gotta feed my friend's cats.   Then chiro, then off to work.

Happy Monday!

No more marathons

Don't often have the bread, but when I do it's
          toast with strawberry jam - with or without butter

bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam

english muffin - peanut butter with strawberry jam.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

happylily

Never do jam on a bagel. It's degrading to the bagel. PB or cream cheese only. Or au naturel. English muffins and toasts = butter AND jam, of course (jelly is for the wusses. It has no substance). There, hope it helps, sweetie.  You used to do dry toast? How very British of you!

Anyway, this morning was oatmeal for me...

I have 6 tonight. But before, I am attending a cocktail party at the Dutch consulate in Montreal. Apparently it's the King's birthday (some long dead king in Holland, I guess...). My Dutch friends are forcing me to go. And I have to wear something orange. FFS, I don't like orange...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Oatmeal for me today, and I'm most likely to have a real muffin - banana, blueberry, etc.

Planned to swim this morning - apparently so did everyone else. I am not strong enough to keep up with 3 per lane, so I came home and walked for 50 minutes instead.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I hurt.  I took the day off from work.  Good decision!  I am really not in the mood for that today.  Wife and I were away all weekend, so I've weekend chores to catch up on today.  30 minute slow jog planned at some point too.

I don't know about you guys, but I always have a hard time sleeping the night after a marathon.  Sure I'm tired enough, but the aches, pains, and discomfort make it tough to sleep.  I see a nap in my future today.

<3

happylily

'Morning.  I hurt.  I took the day off from work.  Good decision!  I am really not in the mood for that today.  Wife and I were away all weekend, so I've weekend chores to catch up on today.  30 minute slow jog planned at some point too.

I don't know about you guys, but I always have a hard time sleeping the night after a marathon.  Sure I'm tired enough, but the aches, pains, and discomfort make it tough to sleep.  I see a nap in my future today.

I'm the same way, Phil. And for me, it's not only the various aches, but I can also feel my heart racing like mad. It's like the adrenaline hasn't stopped flowing in me, yet. Sometimes I get the same effect if I run very hard late at night. I hope you can catch a nap this afternoon! Enjoy your rest day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6-7 miles tonight.

I like 9-grain bagels with either veggie or garlic cream cheese.  Now I want one, thank you!

I am very happy that my husband has (1) lost 10lbs just by running (something I can never do, fucking men) and (2) lowered his BP down to normal.  Very happy to see.  The other day he did not want to run his LR because it was hot, so I told him fine.  Go upstairs, play with your computer, gain the 10lbs, and get your high BP meds ready.  He went out to run, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Morning!  I have 6-7 miles tonight.

I like 9-grain bagels with either veggie or garlic cream cheese.  Now I want one, thank you!

I am very happy that my husband has (1) lost 10lbs just by running (something I can never do, fucking men) and (2) lowered his BP down to normal.  Very happy to see.  The other day he did not want to run his LR because it was hot, so I told him fine.  Go upstairs, play with your computer, gain the 10lbs, and get your high BP meds ready.  He went out to run, LOL.

Congratulations, Mr Docket! 10 lbs is a lot! And the health benefits are great, of course. That means he will live longer. More years of bickering for the two of you.  (just joking...:-))

Almond butter and sliced bananas.

When I go to bed at night after a marathon, the moment I close my eyes, my brain imagines that I'm still running.

SRD today, I'm exhausted from reading about all those marathons yesterday, and the 14-page dailies. Happy recovery everyone.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Toast, bagels, and English muffins sounds good. All 3 for breakfast, right? Butter and jam with toast and English muffins. Cream cheese or cream cheese spread with bagels. I rarely have them though. Breakfast is almost always cereal with blueberries and COFFEE!. I need my coffee. Going to get my first mug now.

After running 41.5 miles in the last 5 days, I could barely drag myself out of bed. Most likely a rest day or a walk if the weather is nice. Resting HR was 10 bpm above normal.

I can't keep up with all the RRs, but the ones I've been able to read have been great. A special congrats to baboon who was on my 2014in2014 team.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

I'm a wuss (Lily, stop using that word, now it keeps popping in my mind all the time) and felt the way you describe after my last half marathon. A marathon will likely drain me of all my resources. That is why I planned with my boss two days off of work after my September marathon. Both the mind and body will thank me for it, especially the first day. The second day will be a bonus, a gift from myself to myself Big grin

I had one marathon on a Saturday. It was pretty nice to have that Sunday.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations, Mr Docket! 10 lbs is a lot! And the health benefits are great, of course. That means he will live longer. More years of bickering for the two of you.  (just joking...:-))

Damn it, I didn't think of that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page