Beginners and Beyond

OMG wake up...actually don't wake up because it's SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

Morning dailies:

Baboon - have fun shopping

Rick - so the T-Rex in 3D wasn't impressive?  Way to catch me wanting to race just by looking at my workout yesterday, lol.  I decided against it, mostly just to not have to hurry downtown after sleeping in.

Basya and B+ - good luck!

April - have a good recovery run

D - hope the new shoes work well

Robert - enjoy the day off

DaveP - yeah, morning runs after night runs the day before are kind of tough sometimes

Kay - nice job on the distance!

MLR to kick off stir crazy taper week, not sure how pacing will go since it's warm but seriously gusty out there.

StepbyStep-SH

Hope Basya and B-Plus are having great races this morning!

I am running a 5-mile race this afternoon (unusual 1 p.m. start time). Not a goal race, but one of my favorite events of the year. A town of about 900 people hosts more than a thousand runners/walkers and has raised nearly $3 million for local cancer research over the last 35 years. Each year they have an athlete who is a cancer survivor as a speaker. This year it is a young woman (26) from Minnesota who was 4th in the 1500m at the Olympic trials last summer and is a two-time cancer survivor.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Advanced trail done.  The Hokas felt super heavy and sluggish but I guess that's normal for them.  What I didn't like was that I twisted my ankles three times and I usually don't if the shoes are good.  They'll take some getting used to.

Now off to eat a donut!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I took in Jurrasic Park 3-D last night and honestly, I couldn't tell a huge difference from the original.  The yummy pizza and 2 wines made it all worth it though and overall I gotta say it was a good day!

Jurassic Park Honest Trailer

Morning all.  Brunch done and eaten.   Was planning on a bike ride today but it's 45 degrees out and windy.   Um, no.  So maybe a gym trip this afternoon if it doesn't warm up and bike tomorrow.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Now off to eat a donut!

I ate an apple fritter and haven't even run yet.

Zelanie

Step and Basya- Good luck!

Kay- Nice run!  You are ready!

As for me, I need to take several days off to try to get my hip into racing form.  I will be foam rolling like mad and no running until at least Wednesday.  There is definitely something that clicks on the right side every time I take a step.  Boo!

Blueberry scones here. Fuel for my LR this afternoon. Smile

Dave

Hip Redux

As for me, I need to take several days off to try to get my hip into racing form.  I will be foam rolling like mad and no running until at least Wednesday.  There is definitely something that clicks on the right side every time I take a step.  Boo!

Where does it click?   Like... in the joint socket?

Zelanie

Right where the femur connects to the hip.  But it's not the bone.  It's like something (top of my IT band?) is clicking every time it moves across the joint.

Where does it click?   Like... in the joint socket?

Hip Redux

Right where the femur connects to the hip.  But it's not the bone.  It's like something (top of my IT band?) is clicking every time it moves across the joint.

That sounds possible - the IT band connects through the Tensor fasciae latae to the hip.    I know when I was having issues with ITBS it was certainly aggravated up through the TFL.   It didn't click, but it was tender and tight.

Can you see either a massage therapist or someone who can do Graston?  Even one session of Graston can help loosen up more of the fascia than rolling IMO if you are having an acute flare up.

Docket_Rocket

I ate two.  Have you caught up yet?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I was going to call the guy who did sports massages after my last 5K and see if he could get me in this week.  It looks like his initial sessions are 2 hours- yikes!  I don't need all that, so hopefully there will be another option.

That sounds possible - the IT band connects through the Tensor fasciae latae to the hip.    I know when I was having issues with ITBS it was certainly aggravated up through the TFL.   It didn't click, but it was tender and tight.

Can you see either a massage therapist or someone who can do Graston?  Even one session of Graston can help loosen up more of the fascia than rolling IMO if you are having an acute flare up.

Hip Redux

Two hours on the table and I would totally be asleep. lol

FlippyNoodle was also having issues with her TFL - she might have some other suggestions (not sure if she still checks in...).

AprilRunner, I hope that your recovery run helps with the soreness.

Damaris, enjoy the trails and weights. Please post how you like the Hokas.

Robert, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

DaveP MI, have a great long run.

Kay, congratulations on your distance PR!

AmiK, enjoy your run.

Shirfan, I hope that your MLR goes well.

Shari, good luck with your five-miler!

Damaris, enjoy that well-earned donut.

Oski, have a great workout.

Zelanie, rest well.

I finished the five-miler. According to Garmin, I did 5.02 miles in 42:23.64. Official times will start being posted shortly.

Hip Redux

Awesome, Basya!