Beginners and Beyond

OMG wake up...actually don't wake up because it's SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Just finished a four mile run on Hudson River Park, it was so nice to run somewhere new. Now we are going to have some fun in NYC, beautiful day for it, yippee!

Docket_Rocket

Basya, I was not impressed by them.  They will take some getting used to.  Too heavy and I twisted my ankles three times.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

lilac_jive, that sounds beautiful!

Official Time: 42:39.2. 8:28 pace. I'm happy. I did much better than I  expected. I'm shocked that I had a sub-8:30 pace. I'd have been over the moon with 9:15 or so.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Official Time: 42:39.2. 8:28 pace. I'm happy. I did much better than I  expected. I'm shocked that I had a sub-8:30 pace. I'd have been over the moon with 9:15 or so.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Basya! I think you sell yourself short on speed because you spent so much time focusing on hills for your marathon. Remember: Hills are speedwork in disguise. So you have more speed than you realize.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ric-G

baboon - happy shopping

rick - the 3d stuff is overdone...but at least the food was good

basya - congrats! great time and pace

D - i'm keeping up with you on the donuts

dave - have a good LR

kay - nice job!

shirfan - have a good taper

step - good luck...great cause

zel - heal up

ran 10 easy this AM. last double digit run til next Monday in boston. looking forward to the challenge. have a great sunday all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Great job Basya ! So you're over the moon plus some!

Happy Sunday everyone. Enjoy the beautiful spring where you can! It's going to be in the low 70's here In central Illinois, I already got a bit of yard work done....I so wish I could run, hopefully next weekend,

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Basya - congrats!

Oski - haha, that trailer was great.

15.4 miles in the books, a strong tailwind and 600' descent out, the opposite back home, 7:06 pace.  I'm ready... tapir time!

tapir

LRB

Rick - so the T-Rex in 3D wasn't impressive?  Way to catch me wanting to race just by looking at my workout yesterday, lol.  I decided against it, mostly just to not have to hurry downtown after sleeping in.

In some of the scenes it looked like they were standing off the screens but as far as ducking and things flying at you, it wasn't written that way originally so no amount of upgrade can create it now.

I like the movie though so I am not too mad about it, although I could have done without paying the extra five bucks for them stupid glasses.

Good luck with the wind Ami.

Hi Oski, that was funny!

Give them some time D, they may work out for you yet...

Good luck on the race Step!

KPS, I have no doubt you're going to rock it!

Congrats on the sweet pace B!

Ric, I hadn't realized you were running Boston as well.  Cool!

Wassup to the rest of the crew!

Well that was blorrible!

I got 12 miles done at an 8:51 average pace and with how frickin' hard that wind was blowing, I am surprised my slowest mile was only 22 seconds off my fastest.

I just tried to keep myself small when running into it and though it was tough, I am no worse for the wear.  If I were on my bike in that crap I would be singing a different tune, so glad I wasn't!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congrats, Basya!!!

Shirfan, tapir, LOL.

Rick, nice job getting it done I am so over the wind.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ate two.  Have you caught up yet?

I ate some cookies. Still haven't made it out yet, although I am finally dressed for it.

Docket_Rocket

At least RicG has been keeping up with me.

LRB, I'll give them some time but for the 50K there is not enough time to decide.

Shirfan, I love that tapir.  I don't love taper, though.

April, go out there now!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

At least RicG has been keeping up with me.

LRB, I'll give them some time but for the 500K there is not enough time to decide.

Shirfan, I love that tapir.  I don't love taper, though.

April, go out there now!

You're running a 500k?!  Wow you are a bad ass!

Hip Redux

You're running a 500k?!  Wow you are a bad ass!

Gonna need a lot more donuts for that!

I actually haven't had a donut in three years.  Sad

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ran 3 miles. It was nice.