Beginners and Beyond

OMG wake up...actually don't wake up because it's SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

Luke79

Hey there dailies.

4.8 miles @ 9:36.  I felt good until about mile 3.5 when I decided to kick it up a notch.  The stitch in my side said "no way Jose", so I backed off.

Lately, I've been focusing on not over-striding and landing midfoot.  It turns out I've been heel striking like a sombitch all this time after looking at some photos from my last couple of races.  I always thought I was a midfoot striker lol.  Maybe that explains the constant knee pain and PF I've dealt with.  We'll see how it goes.  I know there are people that heel strike without issues, but I'm just troubleshooting here.

LRB

Lrb which theater is with the great pizza?

Emagine Rochester Hills, they serve Crust Pizza there which was a restaurant that sadly closed last year.  Emagine Royal Oak serves it but the Novi location does not.

I am uncertain what other Emagine locations serves it, but they all have a full bar with some yummy, tasty drinks available!

Docket_Rocket

One thing is for sure.  No theater in Miami will have great pizza, since pizza in Miami sucks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

A life without sweets ain't life at all!

+1. With all the baking I do, this should be obvious.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hmm. Never been to that theater LRB. One time when I'm up i will have to check it out.

Marjorie

Rondog65

Hello All,

Baysa congrats on running a great 5 mile race today.

B-plus wishing you the best on your race.

April hope all is ok with the recovery run.

Kay excellent long run and congrats on it being a PR, looks like you are ready for your half, don’t let the taper drive you nuts or discourage you.

Zelanie rest up and get better for that big race coming.

Nice day for my LR, 48 degrees, sunny however it was windy.  Got in 10.26 miles.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good afternoon, Dailies!!

I haven't posted in a couple of days - I'm on nights this weekend, and I've been doing all I can to squeeze in my runs and other chores. Anyway, SRD today, with 3 days of running prior. I will be out for a short one tomorrow, and a long run on Tuesday.

Happy running, all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

Hey gang, just a quick check in.

im pretty sure that I finished in just a hair under 39 on a somewhat challenging course. Official results and RR coming later.

Docket_Rocket

Awesome.  I can't wait to read about it.

im pretty sure that I finished in just a hair under 39 on a somewhat challenging course. Official results and RR coming later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Basya:  Congrats...great job!

I ran 10 miles, with the middle six @ 8:45/mile, the other 4 slow.  It was very windy and I was very hot...gonna take some getting used to 70 and sunny again I guess!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ric-G, terrific ten.

Shirfan, great run, even cooler pic.

Rick, amazing twelve-miler.

AprilRunner, sweet three miles.

SIAR, enjoy your well-earned rest.

Oski, do something, indoors or out.

Marjorie, excellent 21.5.

Luke, fantastic 4.8.

Rondog65, great job doing 10.26.

Tom, I hope that you're enjoying your well-earned SRD.

B-Plus, awesome.

AmiK, amazing ten-miler.

I've rewarded myself with brunch and a professional manicure and pedicure. After that, I'll head to my LRS for a treat. After that, I'll hit the gym for weights and ab work.

LRB

Zoom man dayum!

Marj, for the pizza and strawberry daiquiri it's worth it even if the movie sucks lol!

Luke, even when a midfoot strike your heel hits the ground and appears to be a heel strike, the key is running centered over your feet.  Do that and let the heel fall where it may so to speak.

Supp Ron and Tom!

I'm at El Charro bout to get an avocado crisp.  It's basically heaven on a plate!  The pics don't do it justice trust me, there is enough avocado slices in that bad boy that I could open a produce stand!

<drooling>

YAYpril - B-Plus

Umm, yum.

Hip Redux

43 minutes walking on the treadmill "hill" profile... was supposed to be 45 but the big toe on my right foot went numb so I figured it wasn't worth the final two minutes.   Did my PT after - hip/glutes/core.  Now home and drooling over LRB's food.  lol