Beginners and Beyond

OMG wake up...actually don't wake up because it's SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

alexis_run_nky

Good afternoon/evening all!

I haven't been posting much because I haven't been running much.  But I ran my farthest that I have run since the stress fracture today.  A whopping 2.25 miles. I know, very exciting...

A dog, not on a leash, was playing in the creek with its family and then it began to follow me and I did not stop running and the owner was trying to get its attention to get it to come back and it followed me for about 1/4 mile until it stopped and the owner was jogging up to it.  That should teach them to put the dog on a leash...HA

I hope everyone had a good day today!

Congrats to those who had races today!

LRB...THAT LOOKS SOOO GOOD!!

15.14 miles at 9:10 pace. Picked it up at the end -- mile 15 at 8:19. Very happy with the run, felt good. And a pretty nice day out, except when running into 30 mph wind gusts.

Came home to a dinner of DW's delicious tilapia with cilantro ginger soy sauce, with rice & stir fry veggies. A bit on the healthier side compared to LRB's...

Congrats to all the racers, and well done on all the great runs today.

Dave

Came home to a dinner of DW's delicious tilapia with cilantro ginger soy sauce, with rice & stir fry veggies. A bit on the healthier side compared to LRB's...

Sounds pretty tasty. I'm getting ready to have leg of lamb.......with pasta and stewed tomatoes cooked in the lamb juIce. One of my favorite meals Ever.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

outoftheblue

Dropping in for a quick "hi" from my iPhone.  Ive lost my Internet and it will be at least a week before its back.  A hiatus from the Internet every now and then is probably a good thing.

Nice racing Basya and Step.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

Alexis - hey, 2.25 miles is better than none!

Dave, Spark - both your dinners sound good!   We had a chuck roast with carmelized onions, roasted beets and the butternut squash casserole.    Super yum.

OOB - geez, what's with folks losing internet?   Enjoy your "off" time!

Docket_Rocket

LRB, why did you do that?  Now I am hungry!

4.25 in the afternoon and weights.  no tiredness from the trail run whatsoever. Maybe the Hokas are not as bad as I first thought.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And I still don't have internet.  Sporadic or none at all.  Fuck Comcast.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Ive lost my Internet and it will be at least a week before its back. 

Let me guess, it just stopped working out of the blue?  Bahahahaha!

Sike.

A couple others are experiencing the same thing,  not much else you can do I guess except roll with it like you are doing.

Hip Redux

We are watching a DVRed Paris Marathon and this just happened.   Is it mean that I laughed?  lol

LRB

And I still don't have internet.  Sporadic or none at all.  Fuck Comcast.

Gotta get something from them leeches, like a free month of service.

Luke79

Luke, even when a midfoot strike your heel hits the ground and appears to be a heel strike, the key is running centered over your feet.  Do that and let the heel fall where it may so to speak.

That's what I'm going for...good point there.

I just want to avoid over-striding, at least to see if it makes a difference.  Of course, it still wouldn't explain why my left leg has never had any issues.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hi friends! Whoa 6 pages!

Ran my 4M race in Central Park today. What a great day! My parents came from Jersey to see me race and spend time with me after and we had a lovely spring day in the city! I will write a RR....mostly because my parents took about a trillion pictures I'd love to share. I did not run all out, and had a little snafu (my ITB strap was not quite on right and was causing a ton of pain, but since it was under my tights I had to duck into a porta potty to fix it right at the end of the first mile...and lost a minute and a half because of line UGH!!!!) but otherwise I basically ran on the faster end of my training run pace for most of the race. A hill in the third mile got me a bit and I ended up running very slowly up it... But aside from those minor hiccups I maintained a mid-10s pace otherwise, ran comfortably and happy, and enjoyed running in Central Park a lot!!! Ended up with 44:46. Which is a PR, but my only other 4 mile race I also didn't race all out....but I'll take it anyway. One of these days I will really really RACE a 4M!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

12.5 easy pace miles for me.

Oski, great workout. It makes me want to do hill work again.

alexis_run_nky, 2.25 miles are not nothing. You should be proud of your recovery.

DaveP MI, bravo on the 15.14.

Damaris, nice doubling and weight training.

kristin10185, congratulations on your PR!

Fuzzy, sweet easy 12.5.

Weights and ab work are done.

Docket_Rocket

Every time I read Paris Marathon, I sniff....

It is not mean that you laughed, LOL.

We are watching a DVRed Paris Marathon and this just happened.   Is it mean that I laughed?  lol

Damaris

Fundraising Page