Beginners and Beyond

OMG wake up...actually don't wake up because it's SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

Docket_Rocket

Nice job on the double races.

Hi friends! Whoa 6 pages!

Ran my 4M race in Central Park today. What a great day! My parents came from Jersey to see me race and spend time with me after and we had a lovely spring day in the city! I will write a RR....mostly because my parents took about a trillion pictures I'd love to share. I did not run all out, and had a little snafu (my ITB strap was not quite on right and was causing a ton of pain, but since it was under my tights I had to duck into a porta potty to fix it right at the end of the first mile...and lost a minute and a half because of line UGH!!!!) but otherwise I basically ran on the faster end of my training run pace for most of the race. A hill in the third mile got me a bit and I ended up running very slowly up it... But aside from those minor hiccups I maintained a mid-10s pace otherwise, ran comfortably and happy, and enjoyed running in Central Park a lot!!! Ended up with 44:46. Which is a PR, but my only other 4 mile race I also didn't race all out....but I'll take it anyway. One of these days I will really really RACE a 4M!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Good evening - just a quick check-in. I might write a more complete RR tomorrow, but basically the race went better than I had expected, only about 40 secs off my PR from last year (according to my Garmin, the official time has me 5 secs slower). Garmin time was 37:56, with splits of 7:33, 7:36, 7:32, 7:40 and 7:31. A few times I felt the ankle, but this evening it actually feels better than it has in several days.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.