Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Where Inquiring Minds Want To Know... (Read 264 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!                  

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Why the number 11, isn't pronounced onety one?  Big grin

Good morning!

Rick, thank you for bringing a smile to my face, especially so early in the daySmile

In a few minutes, I'll be off to the gym to do weights and cardio.

@runjerseygirl

And for that matter, why isn't 12 pronounced twoteen?

But more importantly, why did I almost start the Keurig with no mug under it?

Now that's love.

Spin class for this gimp.  I'm hoping to get 12 miles on the bike, but it will take some serious spinning to do that in a 30 minute class.  We'll see.

Do you even run?

Jeepofspades

Great! Why not say it like it reads? One one, one two, ect...

i see another TM today! Glad autocorrect doesn't change TM to BM...

have a great day!

Weezer88

Love this.  I wonder if DW would understand if I held up a sign like this tomorrow morning?

6.24 miles done - NOW. I. NEED. ME. SOME. COFFEE.

And for that matter, why isn't 12 pronounced twoteen?

But more importantly, why did I almost start the Keurig with no mug under it?

Now that's love.

Spin class for this gimp.  I'm hoping to get 12 miles on the bike, but it will take some serious spinning to do that in a 30 minute class.  We'll see.

I AM WEEZER.

flarunner

Love the photo Ricky-Rick!

I always thought it was eleventy. You know, like eleventy-billion. Or maybe that should be elebenty-billion.  Smile

Kay, the no mug under the Keurig has happened in this house too. Along with no K-cup in the machine...Roll eyes

Did a 5 mile tempo run in lovely 67* with 97% humidity. Could actually see the water droplets in the air, and feel them on my face as I ran.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

delicate flower

Crap is it cold out!  My carmometer read 6 this morning.  And of course, I had to stop for gas.

Last night was a pretty wild night.  Oh man, let me tell you.  My Garmin footpod wasn't pairing so the wife suggested I replace the battery.  I decided to run out to Walgreens to buy one only to find out they didn't have any of the 2032 batteries.  Crap!  So I decided to go to Walmart to look.  I got to the jewelry section and they are completely out of watch batteries.  Oh no!  Then I checked the electronics department and found a battery kiosk.  Low and behold, there were the 2032's that I needed.  While I was there, I picked up The Avengers on DVD/Blu-Ray.  I paid for my purchases and went home.  Man, Wednesday night usually don't get all crazy like that.  You just never know what'll happen when you get out of bed in the morning. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I'm working from home today so I'll need more coffee than usual.  9 easy miles tonight and hoping I am able to run them because the welt is now the size of a big pie or cake (I'm serious).  The welt is not important, but the side effects.  Last night my breathing went down to less than 70% and I was feeling it.  We'll see today!

LRB, nice picture of you!

Basya, hope your weights and cardio go well.

Kay, hope your spinning class goes well.

Jeep, have a nice time on the TM.

David, nice 6.  Go get some coffee before it's gone!

flarunner, that's the dewpoint for you.  I'll bet you the dewpoint was above 70 for you to see it.  In PR, the dewpoint is visible and I cannot imagine running there now that I've been gone for 8 years.

Baboon, Walgreens and other pharmacies and supermarkets do not carry the 2032.  I get it at a battery store like Batteries Plus.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Morning all!  I went to the chiropractor yesterday and had Graston done on my ITB.  It's pretty sore this morning so I took an URD.  I go back twice more before the marathon next weekend, so hopefully, it will help!  Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hello ostrich!

Rest again for me. My friend who's a physical therapist told me not to run until I have no pain at all walking. Yesterday was pain free all day and I was hoping to run today, but then walking up the three flighta of stairs to my apartment at 9:30 at night when I finally got home from work the knee started up again. Damn! Getting antsy for a run!

have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hi guys!

LRB- In my son's math class last year, the video teacher suggested calling it onety-one (since "-ty" means "ten") at first to help kids remember what it means- one ten and one one.

Taking another rest day today.  Of all things, my calves have been feeling sore after my run the other day.  Last night I was still debating with myself if I should run today or take another rest day before I try again- and then I checked the weather for this morning.  -6 with a feels like of -17.  My weeniness won out, and I think it's just as well since my calves are still feeling it this morning.

Have a good day, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Kristin- I hear you, even if my leg was feeling fine the day after a run, if I was going to feel it at all it was when I was doing stairs.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

StepbyStep-SH

This might be the day for the socks I got for Christmas. They say "A morning with coffee is like sleep."

I didn't sleep well last night. I'll accept the blame for half of that poor sleep - the word "mocha" on the hot chocolate mix should have been a hint that it wasn't a good choice as a bedtime beverage. It has coffee in it - duh!

My lungs didn't care for the cold air yesterday since I'm still recovering from what I think may have been influenza, so I'll take today's run inside. Shooting for an easy hour of running and then a strength training class, but I'll see how I feel. I'm definitely not to 100% yet.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Morning all!

Now that I think about it, I'd have to vote for ten-one, ten-two.  Makes sense since we say twenty-one, thirty-one, fourty-one, etc.  Never, ever thought about that before, thanks.

5 miles @ 7:25/mile last night, 5 miles @ 8:11/mile this morning.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!