Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Where Inquiring Minds Want To Know... (Read 264 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone!

Got a new K cup in my mug, yum. My knee and hip are feeling a lot better today but not close to 100%. Days like this I really wish I had a bike trainer so I could use that. I could go to the gym, but nah. I'll do one of my low impact workout videos instead.

happylily

Good morning people with inquiring minds!

I want to know whether Kim will have a boy or a girl... just kidding.

It's -25C here. Too lazy to convert for you rebels who refuse to join the rest of the world. But let me tell you it's damn cold. My right foot is hurting, due to my bunion. Higher than usual mileage will do that to it. So I'll take it easy tonight with 6 or 7 miles only. Hopefully it'll go away for the weekend's LR. I need more coffee, my thoughts are disjunct (shouldn't it be "disjuncted"? Why is English so bizarre all the time? What is wrong with you people?)

Have a great day everyone! And to those not feeling well, please take care of yourself!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Looking at 5 after work if the sidewalks are relatively clear of ice. We shall see. Whether I run today or tomorrow is irrelevant, because the other day is a rest day. I'd just like to get it done today if possible.

From my dream last night: armadillos do NOT like water beds. Who knew? I wonder what it could mean.

Have a great day everyone!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Dang - lots of injuries, aches, and pains out there! Heal up, y'all!

I'll be heading out a bit later for 4-5 miles, easy pace, with a "moth" finish (fast last 0.1 miles or so). Tomorrow's interval day.

In the meantime, coffee's done for anybody that wants some. French Roast, mixed half/half with Vienna Roast Decaf, and a pinch of cinnamon in the filter cup.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Kay, enjoy spinning.

Jeep, Damaris, Lily, AprilRunner, Tom, enjoy your runs.

Weezer, great job running so early.

flatrunner, cool tempo run. I envy you that weather.

Baboon, batteries and Avengers, oh, my!

Ami, I hope that the RD does your ITB good.

kristin10185, I hope that your knee is better today.

Kristin, I hope that your RD is relaxing and refreshing.

Shari, I hope that your workouts go well.

Dave, nice runs.

lilac_jive, I'm happy that you're feeling better today. Enjoy your workout.

I did chest, shoulders, back, triceps, biceps, calves, shins, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer. I'll return to the gym after work to do legs. Push-ups and abs will happen, at some point.

Misty

Good morning daily peeps Smile. Sippin' on my Donut Shop coffee flavored just so with a splash of York Peppermint Patty creamer...YUM-mmy!

15 planned for this afternoon if my shin allows it..ya hear that shin?? 15!! Comprende'??

Misty

Bless your heart.

runmomto3boys

Kay: I'm sorry about the injury.  Hoping that spin class goes well/is a nice alternative...

Jeep: I hope the TM run goes well.

Flarunner: Nice tempo in that insane humidity.  I can't imagine.  Way to get it done!

Phil: What a "wild" night w/your battery goose chase.

Kristin: Arrrghhh.  IT, then calves...can't a girl get a break???  I hope you are feeling better by tomorrow.

Docket: I hope the arm is OK.  Sounds bad.

AmiK: I hope that the Graston does the trick for you! I know some people swear by it.

Kristin: Uggghhh, I'm sorry the pain cropped up again just when you thought you were out of the woods.  FX it heals up soon.  Injuries are frustrating.  And SUCK!

Shari: That's a smart idea to run inside today.  I hope it goes well.

D2: A couple of really nice 5 milers there!  Well done!!!

Lilac:I'm thrilled to hear that the hip/knee are feeling better!  Woot!

Lily: That is cold!  I hope the 6 go well.  Bummer about the foot - but it doesn't sound like a big deal.

April: I hope the 5 go well!

Tom: I hope the 4-5 go well.  Moth finish - ha!!  Love that!

Misty: I hope you are able to get in 15 no prob today.  Show that shin who is boss!

Basya: Nice work on the cross training!

I'd like 10+ (or 12+, but that's just getting greedy) tonight, but I don't know if my IT band will cooperate.

LRB

Supp!

5.25 miles on the belt complete, including a marathon pace 4th mile, which felt good.

PT this afternoon.

Misty!   Cool

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Hello Dailies!

Still no running for me. I have a doctors appointment on 1/15. So I have been just doing my full body workouts at the gym and core / body weight exercise at home.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

@runjerseygirl

Hello Dailies!

Still no running for me. I have a doctors appointment on 1/15. So I have been just doing my full body workouts at the gym and core / body weight exercise at home.

Hopefully you'll get some good news soon. Smile

Do you even run?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, fellow DAILIES members, I did my three 5Ks on New Year's Day.  Then I sat with my feet up for the rest of the day watching football and napping off-and-on in my chair, lol.  On January 2nd I had the day off and went to Lackland Air Force Base in the morning and did a full-body weight training circuit.  Today I am back to work and will be doing a run of 3-4 miles around the university campus after work.  It is flippin' cold here in San Antonio too, 28 degrees this morning was our low and our high will only be 48.  And...get this...our local weather folks are predicting we might get SNOW on Friday.  What? Shocked  I hope it doesn't amount to much, only flurries, cuz if we get snow that sticks, this town will shut down, we don't have the equipment for snow....and since local drivers are not used to driving in it, I just don't want to think about the amount of accidents that will probably result!

Here are the links to my reports and photos for the three New Year's Day 5Ks if you're interested.

On New Year’s Day I completed three 5Ks on the same day.  The titles are below with the link to the report and photos of each 5K. Please feel free to share the link and photos.

Midnite 5K at Fort Sam Houstonhttp://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Abb8fc3b9-7af9-4e08-be0f-6bcac71bc156&plckforumpostonpage=1&plckpostid=&plckforumpostshowfirstunread=

Randolph Air Force Base Resolution Run 5K at 8 a.m. – - http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners/5k-2-of-three-5ks-done-new-years-day-resolution-run-5k

San Antonio Roadrunners Cobweb Chaser 5K at 10 a.m.  – - http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners/5k-3-of-three-5ks-done-new-years-day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Chairman

I ran more than I planned the last two days, so I am treating myself to an off day.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

Good morning daily peeps Smile. Sippin' on my Donut Shop coffee flavored just so with a splash of York Peppermint Patty creamer...YUM-mmy!

15 planned for this afternoon if my shin allows it..ya hear that shin?? 15!! Comprende'??

What sometimes helps me is making sure I keep the shins warm and plenty of stretching of the lower calf.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

YAYpril - B-Plus

So... awhile ago, I had this wacky idea to run 50k on my 31st birthday (June 8 this year). I couldn't find any local races (June 8 is hot, right?) so I scrapped the idea.

Well, my friend is actually registered for a 50k on that day... about 2 hours from where we live.

Gears are turning.

There's also a relay option with roughly 11, 8, and 12 mile legs.

HMMMM.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

LOTS of broken Dailiers it seems. Booooooooo!

My hip felt great after yoga last night, but was tight again when I woke up this morning so I decided to give it another day before I run on it to be on the safe side. I bought a heating pad and will warm it up before I stretch and roll later tonight. I'll do a recovery paced run tomorrow and then stretch again afterward. Friday is typically a SRD, so I'm just shifting things around without missing much as far as time on my feet. I need to be more consistent with stretching and foam rolling for sure. Yoga is great, but I'm only going twice a week and neglecting the stretching and foam rolling stuff the rest of the week. I'm also going to start doing squats, lunges, etc. a couple of times a week. I have weak hips and really need to work on that. I'm game for any other ideas you all might have.