Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Where Inquiring Minds Want To Know... (Read 264 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

B, feel better.

4.1 miles done. The first 4 were on the fast end of comfortable with two significant hills. First time I've ever done this loop with all sub 10 minute miles. Tom inspired me and I did a sprint for the .1 - 7:32 pace. Smile 39:37 for the entire run.

Docket_Rocket

But that's the best kind of hurt!

Yeah, I know! But that marathon kinda beat me up... figured it would be best to get another solid year of running behind me and then try again. I sitll plan on putting big (for me) overall mileage up, just not the 20+ milers.

9 awesome miles tonight.  I could breathe and everything and it came up to 30-40 sec per mile faster than my usual.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CrisRuns

Physical therapy is done.  I had a new PT today, a dude named Louis Cyphre, at least that what it should be as my ass and hips feel like rubber!

Should I feel bad I laughed at  this?

3 miles run for me today.

notimeforthat

1700 yds in the pool and I think I already posted this here, but I am far too lazy to check.

LRB

1700 yds in the pool and I think I already posted this here, but I am far too lazy to check.

I haven't seen it if you did.

Cris, there is humor in 90% of my posts, including that one.  So yes, lyao.  Congrats on the distance!

happylily

7 miles, 9:10 pace and it felt like the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I was dragging my feet the whole way and was breathing like an old dog. Maybe my body is telling me something? lol... In other news, something is wrong with our furnace (probably dead heating elements) and it's been 55F all day in the house. I am freezing, even with my plush housecoat over my clothes. Loads of sugary treats should help keep my body warm, right? Thanks, that's what I thought too! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

CrisRuns

7 miles, 9:10 pace and it felt like the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I was dragging my feet the whole way and was breathing like an old dog. Maybe my body is telling me something? lol... In other news, something is wrong with our furnace (probably dead heating elements) and it's been 55F all day in the house. I am freezing, even with my plush housecoat over my clothes. Loads of sugary treats should help keep my body warm, right? Thanks, that's what I thought too! Big grin

I believe in sugar too.  Very firmly.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks to Lily, now I want sugar too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rick, I'm glad that PT did you good.

c0derunner, have a great run.

Scott, your secret is safe with meSmile

Alexis, great run.

lilac_jive, that workout looks interesting.

AprilRunner, great job on the sub-10:00 splits.

Rick, I'm glad that PT did you good.

c0derunner, have a great run.

Scott, your secret is safe with meSmile

Alexis, great run.

lilac_jive, that workout looks interesting.

Damaris, I'm so happy that your run felt so good and that you're better.

CrisRuns, nice 3.

AI, cool. You have a pool where you live?

Lily, feel better soon.

Weights for legs, push-ups, and abs are done. Merci bien, Lily. Maintenant, je vais à manger. Autre fois.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Relaxing with a Samual Adams Winter Lager, my last. I hope they still have it in the store - it's my favorite from Samual Adams.

Lily, do you have an electric furnace? Since you're up there in a chilly climate, I think it would be a good idea to troubleshoot and get it fixed ASAP! Also might want to use a couple of space heaters, just to give supplemental heat in the room when you're in it. Just watch overloading the circuit (don't use 2 in the same room), and use the lowest setting that will provide adequate comfort.

Or, just invite the SO over for some snuggling! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

14 miles in at 7:53 pace! IT band was the best it has been. I stopped and massaged it twice, but could have run further...woot!
                        LRB

14 miles in at 7:53 pace! IT band was the best it has been. I stopped and massaged it twice, but could have run further...woot!

That's sick!

Chairman

Oh Heidi. That's an awesome run. But please be careful.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

CrisRuns

You are a beast, but please restrain yourself.

Misty

Woot Heidi!! So glad you glad a good run!

I got my 15 in without too much shin pain so somebody throw the confetti! Celebration! Of course it was snail-like compared to Heidi's jackrabbit pace but somebody has to bring up the rear, eh?

Misty

Bless your heart.