Beginners and Beyond

Lazy Slacker Mondailies (Read 41 times)

where is everyone?

I did not want to get up today. It made me wonder what should get me to take a rest day, since I started running 7 days. Race yesterday, shitty night's sleep, no rigid training plan, low 40s & pouring rain.

Anyway, I didn't. Instead, 5 miles in the rain. Soaked.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning.  It is race week.  It's going to be a looooong week.  I swam before work and I've got a short run to do tonight.

<3

Docket_Rocket

I have been at a deposition since the crack of dawn, lol.  Or at least preparing and driving for it.  I have 4 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran to work. Gonna take a car ride back.

Might run tonight, but might take it easy. Speed work last week, it hurt my hip. 

delicate flower

Hey DOCKET ROCKET, have you been stalking our marathon weather?  What the hell is going on down there in Florida?  

(FYI:  temps and dew point both in the 50's)

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Too tired to live!!  8 on the AlterG.  My coccyx hurts.  Which is weird, because I did fall off the wall climbing yesterday (5.12!), but I hit my thigh, not my tailbone.

FINALLY saw the official results from yesterday's race, and they robbed me of my sub-7 pace.  Of all the nerve.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Hey DOCKET ROCKET, have you been stalking our marathon weather?  What the hell is going on down there in Florida?  

(FYI:  temps and dew point both in the 50's)

You ain't seen nothing yet!  I wouldn't worry about it until Friday, at least.  By the time we start it will be at least 5F warmer than we see as the low, but I just saw a 51F low and that would be AMAZING!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

You ain't seen nothing yet!  I wouldn't worry about it until Friday, at least.  By the time we start it will be at least 5F warmer than we see as the low, but I just saw a 51F low and that would be AMAZING!

Yeah, I've been bracing for a 65-70 degree marathon with a dew point in the 60's, but it looks like that just ain't gonna happen.  Those weather forecasts can be a crapshoot with the rain, but they are usually pretty accurate with temps and wind projections five days out.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Unless you're in FL, lol.  It can all change by Friday.  But it would be lovely if that forecast happens.  It's never been that cold since I've run it.  Thanks for coming down to cool things down!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

zzyzx

Yesterday I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 on the exercise bike. Today was a whole lotta lifting (in part because someone was using MY bike damnit) and 31 minutes on the exercise bike.  I'm still doing the daily routine but I'm burnt out on writing about it.

delicate flower

Unless you're in FL, lol.  It can all change by Friday.  

<3

RunningOnSand

ZZY, did you do stairs today, too? Or are the stairs in place of the bike or elliptical? I should know this by now.

I have a SRD today.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm feeling yesterday's 15 miler... that's for sure... I was going to do Leg day tomorrow at the gym, but we'll just have to play it by ear.

I was made to swear not to get up early this morning, so after taking Dorian to school I went to the gym and focused on Shoulders and upper back.

This Saturday is the Run with The Yeti Half Marathon.... the trail is flat and fast but we'll see how I'm feeling...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Firefox has updated its software. One of the "improvements" is that they have moved the refresh button from the right side of the tab to the left, which is fine, except, it's been on the right side forever, so I keep going there to refresh the page out of habit. I hate them. #whenshitgetsfixedthatwasntbroken

Amusing race anecdote. On a trip to the portapotty, I also disposed of a banana peel. After I exit, a little kid walks by with his mom and says "that portapotty smells like bananas!" Really, that's the smell you're getting??

So anyway. After the first of the year I'll probably plan to get back into distance training. Targeting a half in early March, then marathon late April. I'd really like to nail that half. But I need to decide whether to race another 5k before the end of the year (most likely in 3 weeks), or just give it a rest. If I thought I had a decent chance of sub-20, I would definitely do it. But nothing yesterday leads me to believe I'm anywhere close. I realize I haven't put in the time to yield much improvement so I'm not complaining, just facing facts. Odds are I will race one just for the hell of it anyway, because that's what I do. Another option is a 10k, for a change of pace. We'll see.

Dave