Beginners and Beyond

Happy MLK Mondailies! (Read 73 times)

@runjerseygirl

Good morning everyone! Of course, I have to work today. Sigh. It already started out badly today: I went to brew my Keurig coffee and forgot to put my cup underneath Sad

Hoping I can get a few miles in on the TM tonight and get some core work done as well.

Ugh, I've done that. Sad

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning everyone!

Since I have the day off work, I started it with a run.  I knocked out my longest run to date, 7.8 miles!

Have a great day, and for many of you... try to not freeze to death.

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

Good morning everyone!

Since I have the day off work, I started it with a run.  I knocked out my longest run to date, 7.8 miles!

Have a great day, and for many of you... try to not freeze to death.

I just saw on DM.  Congrats, Robert!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD as I head to the doctor and then to drive 2 hours to meet a fellow forumite for lunch.

flarunner, awesome job!  Is that the same one that Andrew ran yesterday?  Congrats!

Robert, nice job on your mileage PB.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Sa-weet!

I'm gonna get my Myrtle on here in a bit.  I've been looking for other ways to target my adductors (inner thighs) and there just isn't a lot out there that I am not already doing.

I did come across this page in case anyone is interested, but what I really like to do are the lateral hops and walks in this video.

I also have some running drills that I will be looking to add to my workouts when weather permits.

Shakedown Street

I have 6 miles of single track + 8x 20sec of hill repeats planned, followed by a nice swim.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! I ran a last minute 5k on saturday for a 20:15 PR. Crushed my 5k PR by 31 seconds. it was a good test for me with quality runs with my Daniels plan. Very pleased with result and encouraged by my progress and make me think what I will do for my goal HM in May. Got in a tough 12.5m LR yesterday and wind was brutal last 6m miles running into headwind. Easy recovery 5m today as I needed a break after this weekend.

Good running all!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Jess runs for bacon

LRB, I really need to remember to check out Myrtl exercises. I always forget to look them up because I can't look at videos at work and then I turn into a zombie after I get home and work out.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!!

I don’t have the day off today, but I did start the day by going to my brother’s house and playing with my 3 year old nephew before driving him to daycare.    It’s my favorite way to start the day!!

Gustav – Have a great rest day!   How are you feeling after your 1st run in a while?

Beth – Enjoy the pool this morning!

Tom – Hope the night shifts go well for you this week!

Baboon – Hope you’re able to get out of there early!   Have a great workout later!

Kay – That coffee looks GOOD!!!   How’s your foot doing after yesterday’s run in your new kicks?

Jeep – Nice job on the LR yesterday!   Have a wonderful rest day!

April – Enjoy the day off from work and from running!

Shari – I stay up too late when DH is out of town too.   Not sure why, but I always seem to no matter how good my intentions are to not stay up late.   Glad that you have the option of the Y – those temps sound awful!!

Flarunner – Nice job on your race yesterday!!  You are speedy!!

Lilac – Hope the rest of your day is better than it started.   Have a great workout later!

Heidi – Enjoy your recovery run tonight.   I always love to read about your runs – you’re incredible!!

Robert – Way to go!!  You’re setting all kinds of records lately!  Keep up the great work!!

Damaris – Hope the doctor’s appointment goes well!   Have a great lunch!

LRB – Good for you for keeping up with your myrtle and other exercises!   Are you still feeling healthy and injury-free after some weeks of running?   I hope so!

Jneilt – Have a great run and swim!

Jedi – Wow!  You are fast!  Congrats on a new 5K PR!!

My plan is to run 5-6 after work today.   The wind is out of the north and gusting around 20 mph today.   At least the temps are supposed to be in the mid-50s so I should still be able to run outside.

Happy Monday to all of you!!   If you're off today, enjoy it!!    And, may your next run make you feel Pinksational!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Great job on the impromptu 5K, jedi!

At the doctor getting the shot that last time shot through the whole arm.  Hoping the second time's the charm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anomalous

I usually only post in the FB Dailies, but I thought this was fitting for the day and can be applied to running. Happy MLK!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

@runjerseygirl

I usually only post in the FB Dailies, but I thought this was fitting for the day and can be applied to running. Happy MLK!

One of my favorite quotes. Smile

Do you even run?

B-Plus

Happy MLK day Amerifriends.

Congrats fla and Jedi on your races.

Im going to run later.

LRB

Morning B&B! I ran a last minute 5k on saturday for a 20:15 PR. Crushed my 5k PR by 31 seconds.

Ha, maybe you should run all of your races at the last minute!

Supp Lilac, you can either do them voluntarily or when you have no choice.  Hint, choose A.  Smile

Sarah, I am not ready to declare myself 100 % healthy, but I am on my hip and achilles like a two-piece pants suit from 1970!

Supp Bliss!

Well, I got all that girly man hip girdle stuff done and out of the way.  I am up to 35 reps with the green band and will move on to the blue one for my next workout.

Right now though, my ass and hips are on fiyah!  As a matter of fact, if i walked into a Greek restaurant the waitress would look at me and yell, OPA!

Mmmmm...beer

Hello everyone!

Slept in, finishing up my coffee and then it's out for a nice easy recovery run, at the lake again. Smile

I'm making my own dream come true, by getting healthy.  Just completed my Personal Health Assessment for my healthcare company, and it said that I am a model of health and fitness and that I'm setting the example for my coworkers/family. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!