Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES are all right for running (Read 249 times)

Chairman

16 easy

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

Andy, great job on the 5K!  Good stuff!

My ski day got cut short an hour in.  Crashed, wrenched my knee, had to be sledded to first aid by ski patrol.  That's a first for me.  I'm injured but at this point I don't know how bad.  It hurts though...same knee I had ACL reconstruction on three years ago.  Shit.

This is why I quit skiing when I grew up. I liked it, but not enough to keep risking my knees. Hope nothing is torn up in there.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

B-Plus

15.4 @ 7:53

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Dave, awesome speed on that 10K!

Great race, Robert!

April, love the new rack. I mean, medal hanging rack, of course. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

Fuzzy: Nice run today!

Scrape: Great job - that's a good size run!

B-Plus: We are on the same running schedule or something this week, but you keep 1-upping me: just a hair longer and a whole lot faster!  Nicely done!!!

B-Plus

RMTB - I was thinking the same thing! I'm only planning for 6.5 -7 tomorrow, so make sure you don't run any further than 6.3. I'll also likely be keeping it slow, so I'd appreciate if you would keep your run at a recovery effort. Thank you.

runmomto3boys

RMTB - I was thinking the same thing! I'm only planning for 6.5 -7 tomorrow, so make sure you don't run any further than 6.3. I'll also likely be keeping it slow, so I'd appreciate if you would keep your run at a recovery effort. Thank you.

Big grin

Nightvisionrn

was supposed to be my long run of 9 miles today. Worked all night--set my alarm to get up at 2:00, looked out the window and saw the winter storm so did the treadmill.

I could only tolerate 4 miles on the treadmill before I couldnt stand the boredom so hopped off and went back to bed.

Not really the way to train for what I have planned, but sometimes you just gotta nap.

Docket_Rocket

RMTB, do me a favor.  Kick his ass in the game.  Thank you.

Women rock!Wink

Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Better I Leave

Just got back from running in the 5th Annual Lou Gehrig's 10K Run. I'm pretty dang pleased with my race results. Smile

Zelanie

c0de, Dave, Robert- Huge congratulations to all of you today!  Way to go!

c0de and Dave, way to rock the negative splits on your pacing too!

Zelanie

Congrats to the other Dave, too!  A good day for racing all around, it seems.

Better I Leave

Congrats to the other Dave, too!  A good day for racing all around, it seems.

Thank you. I didn't make my goal of a 55 minute 10K, but I came close! 56:49 and I felt great all the way through the run. I feel as if there was more in me, but I'm still happy. I placed in the top 30% overall and that, IMHO, ain't too bad for a newbie, ya know? Big grin

Zelanie

Ooh, I kind of had a super secret sub-55 the last time I ran that distance, and wasn't even close!  But it was my first 10K and I wasn't really prepared.

Next time sub-55 isn't even going to be the "A" goal, though! Smile

runmomto3boys

Thank you. I didn't make my goal of a 55 minute 10K, but I came close! 56:49 and I felt great all the way through the run. I feel as if there was more in me, but I'm still happy. I placed in the top 30% overall and that, IMHO, ain't too bad for a newbie, ya know? Big grin

That's SUCH a great race and you were so super duper close to your goal!  Top 30% OA is pretty darn awesome.  Great race!!!!