Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES are all right for running (Read 249 times)

Docket_Rocket

We have a similar 10K to benefit Lou Gherig's in May.  It's a great cause.  Congrats!

Just got back from running in the 5th Annual Lou Gehrig's 10K Run. I'm pretty dang pleased with my race results. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Better I Leave

It was also beautiful. The entire course was alongside a stream. A crisp, cold morning, a well maintained, paved, running biking trail through Roseville. Beats the hell outta the treadmill! **grin**

Anyone else notice they run better/farther/faster when they're in a group than going solo or on a TM? I seem to "get a boost" from being with a group of runners.

Better I Leave

We have a similar 10K to benefit Lou Gherig's in May.  It's a great cause.  Congrats!

Indeed it is. I'm thinking' I'm gonna make this a "must do" run every year. Smile

LRB

Dtothe2nd, can you imagine if you never decided to change your life?  You would've never known how fast you are!

PGD, congrats!  I don't race them often anymore, but I remember that first 10k seemed as if it took forEVER!  Seriously, I think I grew a beard during it!  Nice work!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. A really bad cold has knocked me on my butt for all of this week. I did finally cough my way through 6 miles on the TM today, but that's all I've been able to muster. I think, or at least hope, that the worst is finally behind me. I'm looking forward to rejoining you all ASAP.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

SIAR: I'm glad you are finally on the mend.  I hope you fully recovery soon.

Better I Leave

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. A really bad cold has knocked me on my butt for all of this week. I did finally cough my way through 6 miles on the TM today, but that's all I've been able to muster. I think, or at least hope, that the worst is finally behind me. I'm looking forward to rejoining you all ASAP.

** Dave clicks the like button** Big grin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR: I'm glad you are finally on the mend.  I hope you are at 100% soon!

Thanks! I feel like I've had more than my fair share of sick lately. They say being a little over weight can keep you healthier? I don't think I want to try gaining weight, but I'm starting to get tempted. Nice to see you back to posting your regular numbers and feeling better. 3k miles would be a killer 1st year.

Dave...I like healthy too! Congrats on your race today...always nice to feel that good about a race effort.

LRB

Thanks! I feel like I've had more than my fair share of sick lately.

You can still post while not running, just do what I did:

"What up doe dailies!  I just ate an oyster, it was good.  About to eat another, hoping for a pearl.  Wish me luck!  Peace"

Big grin

workinprogress11

Hey, all.  I'm not really doing the daily thing anymore because, well, I guess because I'm lazy, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Congratulations to all of the racers!  Solid showing all around.

Baboon, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee.  I really hope you get good news from the doctor.

LRB, your line about growing a beard during your 10k made me giggle.

RMTB, I'm glad your ITBS is behaving.  I hope that continues for you.

Damaris, great job on your run and I'm so glad your asthma issues seem to be more under control.

I've been running 40mpw pretty consistently other than last week when I was sick.  It's becoming a bit tedious as I run a lot of it at an indoor track due to the fact that I have very bad night vision and don't run outside in the dark.  I've been having to go to work too early and leave too late to be able to run outside much.  Today I got to run 11 miles outside.  Even though during the last two miles it was snowing/freezing rain and it was hitting me in the eye which was rather painful, it was a wonderful run.

I hope everyone is having a great New Year so far!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You can still post while not running, just do what I did:

"What up doe dailies!  I just ate an oyster, it was good.  About to eat another, hoping for a pearl.  Wish me luck!  Peace"

Big grin

Me: what up dailies? I'm asleep. New PR. 43.5 straight hours.

LRB

Me: what up dailies? I'm asleep. New PR. 43.5 straight hours.

Like!

Nice to see you WIP!  Don't be a stranger!

6.2 with Titus

You can call me Anna

Yes it is. Not to be all downer, but I lost my father to it, and my running buddy (ran the 5k with me today) - his father has it now. I need to find out if we have a race benefitting that around here.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hey, all.,

I hope everyone is having a great New Year so far!

Hi, Workinprogress! Long time, no see. Hope you're doing OK out there.

Happy New Year to you too!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54