Beginners and Beyond

Week 7 Penguins just need a hug!! (02/11-02/17) (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's Hug Day today, and while I don't really go for hugs from friends or random people, I do like hugs from my family and close friends.  So hey, hug someone you love today!

Yoga, done.  And I am SO OVER the rain and cold.  I mean, at least if it were snow, there would be like 2 feet of it on the ground and I could skip work!  As it is, we're just really really waterlogged.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

I sure need one!  Spent my whole weekend with a stomach bug that included fever and the usual.  Feeling 100% now if I can get to eat full foods through the day.  5 and weights planned for tonight.

HopesMom, nice job on the yoga.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - I'm glad you're over your stomach bug.

HM - the rain washed away most of our snow, so I'm happy with it, especially since I wasn't running in it.

I need a hug too. I'm still sick and unable to run. It is a beautiful sunny day and though I enjoyed walking Ben, I was exhausted by the end. I need to be training, not sitting on my a$$

Singer who runs a smidge

Or you need to be sitting on your a-- letting your body heal!  I think my watchwords for this year are grace and patience.  Give them to myself, give them to others, and especially give them to rush-hour traffic drivers. 

Singer who runs a smidge

Busy week ahead.  Chorus performance tonight, and then tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, so I'll sing with choir for the Ash Wednesday service.  Then quartet rehearsal on Friday.  On Saturday my quartet is going to VA Beach to watch another chorus get coached, so things are definitely a little nutty!  My quartet is doing our two contest songs at the performance tonight, which thankfully is for an assisted living facility.  They tend to be forgiving audiences! 

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Was in court today and feeling fine, finally!  Hubby caught a cold, but hopefully not the flu, since the brain surgery is in two weeks!  And I already feel myself getting what he had.  Gah.

I have Pilates and 8 with 3 @ Tempo.

Ginny, hope you are feeling better.

HopesMom, good luck with the choir performances!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - I hope your performances and rehearsals go well this week.

D - good luck with the 8.

I ended up with 8.4 today. I only intended to go for a short run, to see how my body was doing, but it felt good so I did the run on my schedule. I'm still coughing, but much less than I was.

Singer who runs a smidge

This is the only problem with living with someone -- the inevitable sharing of germs!!  Glad you're feeling lots better, Ginny!!  Docket, hope DH gets over his stuff quickly (and stops sharing)!!

Well, the chorus part of the performance last night went very well.  The quartet part ... well, it was the first ever performance of the Brazen Tarts, and it kind of showed that we weren't solid on the interp of our second song.  But the first song went well, and we still have a good bit of time before contest, so I'm happy.  Woo-hoo!!

Ash Wednesday service tonight, so choir singing.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Poor husband is so sick.  I am starting to feel sorry for him.  Except last night I asked him to do something and he started whining that he was sick and I was demanding him to do shit. I reminded him of his words Saturday: Who cares if you're throwing up?  I call that Karma, lol.

I have 6 miles and weights.  I think it's 6. If not, it's 5.

Ginny, glad you are feeling better.

HopesMom, glad it went well. Good luck tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - does he have flu or a cold?  Can he get tamiflu if it's the flu? I hope he gets better fast, for both your sakes. FWIW, I'm the terrible patient in our family. I feel like my body is betraying me when it gets sick or injured. I want to be moving, not resting. Jim is a bit more laid back about it, though he gets the grumps occasionally.

HM - I hope your Ash Wednesday service goes well.

I have 8 today. It's supposed to be a VO2 max workout, but I'm not sure I'm up to that yet. We'll see how it goes. I'll be happy if I can just get the miles done.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning!  Poor husband is so sick.  I am starting to feel sorry for him.  Except last night I asked him to do something and he started whining that he was sick and I was demanding him to do shit. I reminded him of his words Saturday: Who cares if you're throwing up?  I call that Karma, lol.

Karma's a bitch!! 

Docket_Rocket

D - does he have flu or a cold?  Can he get tamiflu if it's the flu? I hope he gets better fast, for both your sakes. FWIW, I'm the terrible patient in our family. I feel like my body is betraying me when it gets sick or injured. I want to be moving, not resting. Jim is a bit more laid back about it, though he gets the grumps occasionally.

HM - I hope your Ash Wednesday service goes well.

I have 8 today. It's supposed to be a VO2 max workout, but I'm not sure I'm up to that yet. We'll see how it goes. I'll be happy if I can just get the miles done.

Tamiflu really does not work unless you start before the flu starts.  But I doubt it's the flu.  He is alive...

None of us have ever gotten the flu and I will personally kill him if he gives it to me.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Just keep repeating, "Murder is wrong, and there's no marathons in prison ..."

Docket_Rocket

Ha.

Afternoon!  Ran 16 miles on the TM earlier today. I have Pilates tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page