Beginners and Beyond

Track TuesDailies (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Tuesday is track day for me.  Today was 2 x 3 miles run 10 seconds faster than HM pace with 1 mile recoveries.  11 miles in total when throwing in the runs to/from the track.  It was nice and cool this morning and the sun rose as I was about halfway through the workout.  Really a good morning for running.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Ran yesterday just to make it easier. I am finally getting a haircut and need my hair to be totally dry so I can donate it. It's almost to the point where my braid could touch things in a POP that you do not want to touch.

Wow that’s some long hair. 

8 very slow miles. Did not even crack 9:00 till the last two miles. I’m gonna blame the vaccine.

Dave

KCRuns

4 miles, it was pretty nice outside this morning.

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, Ace!  I swam 2500 yards this morning.  Pretty good swim for me, but I am still pretty bad at it.  I have a run on the schedule which I could have done this morning, but I am holding out for this afternoon's 65 degree temps.  I have a 12:15 Pfizer shot, and if what Dave said above is true, my run is going to suck.

<3

I have a 12:15 Pfizer shot, and if what Dave said above is true, my run is going to suck.

If not, I’ll have to come up with another excuse.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Whatcha say there, Ace!  I swam 2500 yards this morning.  Pretty good swim for me, but I am still pretty bad at it.  I have a run on the schedule which I could have done this morning, but I am holding out for this afternoon's 65 degree temps.  I have a 12:15 Pfizer shot, and if what Dave said above is true, my run is going to suck.

If you go almost immediately after, may not have as much effect.

I had sore lymph node with about 2 hours of my first shot, but managed a shot slow run that afternoon.

Honestly I feel completely normal, other than my arm still being sore. It’s possible the shot contributed to my sluggishness, but it’s equally possible I’m just a slug.

Dave

8.25, one loop accotink with additional 4 on the railroad grade ..... ghastly slow,  the Tin Man in desperate need of oil can

Docket_Rocket

Almost 24 hours and I have nothing else from the vaccine. The soreness hubby mentioned in the arm is so minimal I wonder if his description was like the man flu. 

On my way to the airport.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Almost 24 hours and I have nothing else from the vaccine. The soreness hubby mentioned in the arm is so minimal I wonder if his description was like the man flu. 

On my way to the airport.

I don't doubt hubby & man flu, but for me, the injection site was painful for a few days. It was like repeatedly punched in arm sore & it hurt to raise my arm over my head. It was a different type of soreness than overdoing strength training. So was the lymph node pain--it was in a spot where if I had done too much chest work it would be sore, but the pain wasn't muscle. Not sure if the soreness depends on who gave the shot? I had a peds nurse, she should have been able to be gentle!

I think Whiskers also mentioned something about needle size playing a role in the soreness.

sdWhiskers

5 miles where it looked like it would downpour the entire time but it didn't, just a few sprinkles.

I ran easy a few hours after the vaccine and all was fine. My understanding of the body's response to such a shot is that you'd just want to avoid a hard workout (too much stress while your immune system is ramped up).

Docket_Rocket

I don't doubt hubby & man flu, but for me, the injection site was painful for a few days. It was like repeatedly punched in arm sore & it hurt to raise my arm over my head. It was a different type of soreness than overdoing strength training. So was the lymph node pain--it was in a spot where if I had done too much chest work it would be sore, but the pain wasn't muscle. Not sure if the soreness depends on who gave the shot? I had a peds nurse, she should have been able to be gentle!

I think Whiskers also mentioned something about needle size playing a role in the soreness.

Not sure. My nurse threw it almost like a dart. That hurt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Not sure. My nurse threw it almost like a dart. That hurt.

Ha

Needle size and good/bad nurse aside, I think everyone is also just different in their response. My arm hurt after #1 like a tetanus shot. But #2 was super minor like flu shot. MrW had his entire arm/shoulder super sore from the first one but nothing after #2.

It would be interesting (to me at least) to see the VSafe data on all these symptoms. To those just getting your shot, sign into the Vsafe app so you can share your symptoms, or lack thereof, with the scientists!

delicate flower

I have a 12:15 Pfizer shot

Done.  60 minutes round trip, which included 30 minutes of drive time.  I wore my 2017 Boston jacket, and the one guy in line in front of me was wearing one from 1997.  So, we had a fun chat about that.  Then after I got my shot and was in my mandatory 15 minute timeout, a lady sat down next to me and started chatting with me about her 2018 Boston Marathon, which turned into a 15 minute discussion about racing.  So all in all, a fun trip to the CVS!

<3