Beginners and Beyond

Hello Forum Members...long time no chat (Read 19 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Finished 15 months of prostate cancer treatment back in November.  Per tests done, I am clean again. Yay.

Still will be dealing with the side effects for a while; doc said possibly up to 2 years before things finally start getting better.  Mostly good days though, during the month, with the occasional few bad days; just have to keep going and get through it.

Managed to keep on running through it all for the most part.  Ended up with 67 races done in 2022.

This year, I've done 2 5Ks so far; a 5K on New Year's Day and then a 5K on January 7th in Comfort TX. I don't go very fast - darn radiation, etc., has really slowed my pace down, 12 - 13 minute miles, but I'm just happy I can do any running at all.

All my reports and photos are on my blog at Scottydog Reports for those who would like to see the photos..  Just use that as your search term and it should show up. 

Hope everyone is doing well and is having a good 2023.  I guess I need to catch up on some reading here!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Glad you are done with the treatments. You amaze me with your string of races even with all you’ve been going through.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

That’s great, 2023 is the Year of the Rabbit, chasing them will make you faster

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad you are done with the treatments. You amaze me with your string of races even with all you’ve been going through.

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words.   Yeah, doing all those races really helped me stay stronger for the treatments, and also took my mind off the treatments during the time I was doing them.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That’s great, 2023 is the Year of the Rabbit, chasing them will make you faster

I think I will just stick to trying to keep up with turtles, lol.

GinnyinPA

Welcome back!