Beginners and Beyond

Dizzy's Melting Down, It's Friday. Waddle ya have? (Read 505 times)

I've been buying their hop tour six pack lately which has two each Noble Pils, Latitude 48, Whitewater IPA and ya know, for eight bucks it's not that bad.

I hope this stuff is good. I had been on a kick on Milwaukee's best light for several years. I figured it was time to grow up some. I think my 12 pack was $16. Cheaper than the spiked tea the ol lady at the house likes. Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Are you pregnant?

I just look like I am.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

LLS is going out of biz, picked up a bottle of Glenmorangie Lasanta and Macallan 12. Should last me 6+ months, I just do not drink like I used too...

That and running weight means I am a bloody easy drunk.

Love the Half

Samuel Adams gets dissed by a lot of the beer geeks but I think they make some very solid beer.  The Boston Lager is always my "I don't know what I want other than I want a beer" beer, the Winter Lager is always pleasurable, the Old Feziwig Ale is a delight, the Octoberfest is a no hold barred malt bomb (too many American beer drinkers are all about hops, hops, and more hops and can't appreciate a malty beer) and the Imperial Doublebock is outstanding.  Sam Adams has always had more of a focus on the malt side of the equation than on the hops.  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sam is my general 'go to' beer. There are plenty of other good beers, but when I do not want to fuss, I know I can grab a Sam and be happy.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Sam Adams is good beer.  Always liked Killians Red as well.

Actually there are very few beers that I dislike.  Miller Lite and High Life I draw the line at.  They are like having sex in a canoe, fucking close to water.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I dunno, St Ides malt liquor (Sain Idz malikka') is must be under the canoe.

Back in the day (in college), poor as dirt and hating beer, a Fosters Oil Can with 2 liters of St Ides follow up was a recipe for cheap and nasty drunk.

LRB

I am heading out shortly for Mexican and I have no idea what I will be imbibing on.

I honestly don't have a preference so all options (beer, wine, mixed drinks, Tequila) are open. 

We shall see...

Docket_Rocket

I am heading out shortly for Mexican and I have no idea what I will be imbibing on.

I honestly don't have a preference so all options (beer, wine, mixed drinks, Tequila) are open. 

We shall see...

Maybe a margarita?  Or tequila on the rocks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dog person

We shall see...

Modelo is a solid Mexican macrobrew.

Kristian

kitteh

I vote margarita for sure.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

Docket_Rocket

I knew I like you for a reason....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nibblin' on sponge cake,

Watchin' the sun bake,

All of those tourists covered with oil..

Strummin' my six string,

on my front porch swing,

Smell those shrimp, they're beginning to boil...

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Shakedown Street

Anchor xmas....

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Supersono99

Bud Light. I'm still boring and haven't ventured out in the beer world.