Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

'Sup.

Today would've been a perfect rest day as I am just not feeling it, ugh. Oh well, woe is me.

What's up with you?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fuck this. Lead group all took a wrong turn in the 5k, so we missed 1 mile. No clue how the RD will handle this. DQ to the top 10? I was 3rd female. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Shitty course markings and no one on the course aside from 2 police on bikes who also went the wrong way.

Little Blue

Aw Half, that sucks.  How could they consider DQ?  It's not the runners' fault!!

I'd like to get out for a few, but my running clothes are in the room where my friend is STILL sleeping.  Oh, well, it's only 50 degrees outside, so it's not like my opportunity is slipping away.

From the Internet.

It was cold this morning!! D: I'm not ready for this! 30F, I had to wear gloves and shit, but I had an otherwise very pleasant 3ish recovery miles.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am going to try to run a LR but it will be on the TM since it's past 82F already and humid as fuck.  I am wondering if we will ever cool off at all.  Don't want to repeat the Winter in the 90s we had in 2014.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Half, that sucks!  Hope the RD does something good for y'all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning folks!

10.4 frosty miles.  It was my first long-sleeved run of fall.  I saw a little frost in the low spots.

Half, that sucks.  That's just a poor performance from the race organizers.

LRB, if you aren't feeling it after 8-10, you may cut it short.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Fuck this. Lead group all took a wrong turn in the 5k, so we missed 1 mile. No clue how the RD will handle this. DQ to the top 10? I was 3rd female. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Shitty course markings and no one on the course aside from 2 police on bikes who also went the wrong way.

Maybe just give you your money back, and say your race did not count (DNS). I see no other way to make that right.

Cyberic

Is the Detroit Marathon today or tomorrow? The October racing thread has confused me a little. If it is today, good luck to Mitch, and to PAD who is also racing

Docket_Rocket

Today.  If the racing thread says otherwise, they gave me the wrong dates cause I copy paste.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

They did awards based on the screwed up course. So 3rd female. Basically, the lead runner made a wrong turn and 20 or so of us followed. It was a really small race and lots of walkers, so probably would have been the same results for a full course. It's a charity event, so no money would be refunded. I have lousy luck with "certified" courses, of the really short races I have run, 3 were on certified courses.

onemile

I ran the first 5k of my winter series this morning.   20:29 was my time which I was happy enough with considering I did a hard run on Friday.   But only 5th in my AG.  Geez, where did all these fast ladies come from?

I ran the first 5k of my winter series this morning.   20:29 was my time which I was happy enough with considering I did a hard run on Friday.   But only 5th in my AG.  Geez, where did all these fast ladies come from?

Congrats! Finally a 5k time more befitting of your ability. Anxious to see how much faster still you'll get in these, until the weather starts getting in the way.

And I think the fast ladies come from the same place as the fast old dudes. They breed them in a lab somewhere.

Dave

They did awards based on the screwed up course. So 3rd female. Basically, the lead runner made a wrong turn and 20 or so of us followed. It was a really small race and lots of walkers, so probably would have been the same results for a full course. It's a charity event, so no money would be refunded. I have lousy luck with "certified" courses, of the really short races I have run, 3 were on certified courses.

Congrats anyway!

This is one of my fears of small races, although not yet had this problem (staying away from the front of the pack helps ).

Dave

onemile

Congrats! Finally a 5k time more befitting of your ability. Anxious to see how much faster still you'll get in these, until the weather starts getting in the way.

And I think the fast ladies come from the same place as the fast old dudes. They breed them in a lab somewhere.

Well McMillan thinks that is my 10k pace but we know he's a dick 

The next one is 2 weeks post-IMM so that will not be fast.  And then I think Dec 31st.