Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #121 (Read 29 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning y'all.

Quads are feeling nearly 100%, definitely more than 50%.

Calves are starting to feel tight, today and yesterday 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

At this point, I'm going to tell you, it only gets downhill from here as you get older, lol. If it's not one thing, it's the other. Smile

I have 10+ again today. I have 4 meetings today, two of those by video, at least. I'll try to do some miles in between the morning meetings.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

At this point, I'm going to tell you, it only gets downhill from here as you get older, lol. If it's not one thing, it's the other. Smile

I have 10+ again today. I have 4 meetings today, two of those by video, at least. I'll try to do some miles in between the morning meetings.

Lol if its just aches and old age, I can live with that...its injuries I don't want.

My calves have always been a stiff pain in my ass though, gonna use the stick on them today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Rest Day, Rain Day,

Shop and clean basement day 😀

glad I decided that early as calf funky just walking around walmart for 25 minutes. 

Next Safeway, Home Depot (just to look for flowers, no shops for flowers in the rain), then Shoppers and bank.

ADDENDUM:

no one shops for flowers in the rain!

i also bought French Breakfast radish and icicle radish seeds

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm hoping Academy Sports gets some trampolines with their truck delivery today, I'll be calling them at 10 am, if they haven't finished unloading the truck at that point, I'll be calling them at 11.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Lol if its just aches and old age, I can live with that...its injuries I don't want.

My calves have always been a stiff pain in my ass though, gonna use the stick on them today.

Not all soreness/issue is an injury though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not all soreness/issue is an injury though.

That's why its so frustrating, with my quads I mean. I know if I hadn't stopped when I did, I was going to fuck something up real bad. I just hope a week is enough.

My calves are just tight, they're normally the worst with knots and I'm the worst at massaging them 🤦

They'll be the stiffest when I do get back to running.

PRs

Cyberic

10 in a very light rain. It was great.

bluerun

Super B****

11.1 on the AlterG... that .1 was necessary because otherwise I'd end up with 209.9 for the month and that is obviously unacceptable

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

That's why its so frustrating, with my quads I mean. I know if I hadn't stopped when I did, I was going to fuck something up real bad. I just hope a week is enough.

My calves are just tight, they're normally the worst with knots and I'm the worst at massaging them 🤦

They'll be the stiffest when I do get back to running.

From a person who's struggled with tight calves (and therefore, injuries), the lacrosse ball has worked wonders along my peroneal tendon, and calves. Highly recommend.

RunningOnSand

Happily, I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be from yesterday's strength training. Today's a SRD for running, but I'll be out with the dog and also doing some rehab stuff.

LRB

Happily, I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be from yesterday's strength training.

Hold that thought. Delayed onset muscle soreness usually kicks in on the second day.

Docket_Rocket

Word. Good luck.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

I ran/walked 3.15.  I need to add new music to my playlist.  Walk breaks were taken when I needed to search for a different song to fit my mood.

sdWhiskers

5 miles. Super humid so I'm starting to get a blister between 2 toes with all this running. Been leaving the house around 630am this past week which is so much better than the almost 8am I was doing before.