Beginners and Beyond

The Saturday DAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

What up doe!

What's on the agenda?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hey, what up buck? Smile

Morning, Dailies!

Right leg feels a ton better this morning. In fact, it feels downright normal. I don't intend to run today, but I'm intending to head down to the local nature center to see if I can get a few pictures. Our fall colors are near peak now, and I wanted to get a few nice shots. If I can get a couple of good ones, I'm going to have prints made to use as prizes at the trail race we are having there in December.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

Whatcha got there, charlie!  Headed out for a run with the MBC in a little while.  She wants to do 12 miles, so we do 12 miles.  No plans after that.  Probably chores and groceries.

Slept 10 hours last night.  YES.

Enjoy your Saturday, kiddos!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Nyeehhh, whot's up, doc?

Taking DS to the Y in a bit so I can run about 6 very slow recovery miles (back on that same trail, just a different segment) and stretch. Then we're meeting friends for some easy hiking so the "wildlife trackers club" can look for animals. Usually they see mostly the signs of animals - poop is so interesting to 2nd graders. Wink

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

And don't forget to set your clocks back tonight! An extra hour of sleep (though even with that, I won't come close to Baboon's 10 hours! That's more than my 7-year-old has ever slept!).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Morning!  My 15 miler yesterday went really well.  I'm so glad I decided to try it!  I ran 15.1 only 5 minutes slower than last week's crummy 14.1, hehe.  Today I'll probably just run 4 recovery miles.

LRB- Hiya!

Tom- That sounds like a great prize for a trail race!

Phil- Sounds like a great day!

Step- Have fun!  Nice LR yesterday!

Good morning everyone. It's been a while.

Rick, sorry to see you're out with an injury. How long has it been?

RTR glad your leg feels better, have fun taking picture Today. Seems we didn't have to much color ths year...leaves are falling everywhere though.

Baboon, really 10 hours? Lucky guy, dogs got me up at 5:30am this morning. But DW slept to 8!

have a good 6 step!

wow up to 15 zelanie. Congrats.

I have been easing back into a running schedule again after most of the summer off. I have been doing more cycling than anything else. Did about 1200 miles since July. I did get a very easy 5 in this week and should finish up tomorrow with 18 miles his week.

have a great day everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

Supp crew!

Welp, I just had my first workout since September 29th; 60 minutes on the recumbent exercise bike and my first bead of sweat in five weeks!

Granted, it was nowhere near what even a 20 minute recovery run is in terms of effort and I only I burned enough calories to eat a single grape guilt free, but it is progress so I will take it.

Time to head to the movies for some yummy pizza and wine and a one way ticket to carb-loading hell.  Today's feature, Ender's Game.

Peace out!

PS, welcome back Spark!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

8 miles today!!  I didn't look at my watch at all and figured I was going at like 9:00 pace as it felt very easy, but turned out to be 8:15.  AND yesterday I had a very tough lifting session, too.  I'm so happy to be back at it.  I think my increased carbohydrate intake is paying off.  Today post-run I refueled with all of the pastas my mom has.  Literally, I couldn't decide on a shape so I mixed them all together and it was wonderful.  Topped with a sauce made of butter, spinach, and blue cheese.  Mmmm.

But yeah.  WHEE!  Longest run since injury!

Tom, walking can be even better than running some days.  I think the tons of walking I did while injured (4-5 miles daily) helped lay down something of a base.  Enjoy the weather.

Baboon, I'm straight up jealous of your sleep.  Been awhile since I've gotten more than 7 hours.

StepbyStep--wait, you mean poop isn't interesting to the rest of us?  Enjoy the trail.

Zelanie, hope those recovery miles do their job.

Sparker, hey there, I did 18 this week too.  Whee.  (My xtraining has been mostly swimming though).  You do bike races or just for fun?

LRB--hurrah exercise.  Glad to hear you feel better.  I don't suppose swimming is an option?

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

Scap, I could go for a lap or two but I am just not in that mode at the moment, but the thought certainly crossed ny mind while I was on that stupid bike so I plan to keep it as an option.  Congrats on your run!

Sparker, hey there, I did 18 this week too.  Whee.  (My xtraining has been mostly swimming though).  You do bike races or just for fun?

Hey scap, bought my first road bike in July. For now for fitness and fun. Farthest ride so far was 52 miles on my 50th birthday. Originally I was going for a HM on my 50th but one of my knees didn't like the idea all that much?

First Race

Second Race

Scott

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

LRB, I rarely feel like swimming but once I'm in the pool it's amazing.  I feel less sore when I swim between runs or lifting, even.  Something about buoyancy.  And if you want tips on drills you could do, hit me up--I get that straight laps are BORING.  I always do drills or intervals instead.

Sparker--hey, fitness is awesome.  I can't imagine doing 52 miles.  You must have good padded shorts.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB, I rarely feel like swimming but once I'm in the pool it's amazing.  I feel less sore when I swim between runs or lifting, even.  Something about buoyancy.  And if you want tips on drills you could do, hit me up--I get that straight laps are BORING.  I always do drills or intervals instead.

Sparker--hey, fitness is awesome.  I can't imagine doing 52 miles.  You must have good padded shorts.

Yes, good shorts and a little cream in a few ideal locations do help tremendously!

First Race

Second Race

Scott

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hello dailies!

A perfect day for working outside, so that's what I'll be doing shortly. I just got back from my first double-digit run since my FM. An easy 10 miles with a bit of people watching. I got to see someone bathing in the river, and homeless under train bridges. I also saw romatantics strolling along the leave-covered paths and a few people out for a leisurely bike-ride. Ended the week with 29.5. Normally I'd go get that 0.5, but I feel a bit lazy this week.

Have a great day everyone. Smile

- Andrew