Beginners and Beyond

Terrific TUESDAILIES (Read 53 times)

flarunner

Big grin WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Big grin

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' Kids!

Sorry, no pics or funnies. Coffee's over on the left.

Did 6 miles this morning in a small spring shower.

Have a great day, all!

Morning! Winter's back around these parts. But there is finally justice, as Kwame is now behind bars.

Plan 6 miles at lunchtime.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

LRB

Wassup Flo!  No disclaimers are required.  Thanks for getting us rollin' this morning!

I am still all discombobulated from the time change.  I traditionally have trouble springing forward every year, and apparently this year is no different.

The plan was to wait until daylight this morning, then go run at the track, I am feeling groggy though.  I could wait and run after work, but that appeals to me about as much as a bowl of cold grits.

Maybe some coffee will help....

Mmmmm...beer

Mornin' all!

LRB, coffee always helps!  Got a pot brewing right now. Smile

Got some easy miles on tap this evening after the little league meeting.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Whatcha got today, Charlie!?  Between DST and returning to work full time, I am having a hard time getting the motor running these last two mornings.  Hopefully my body will get used to this again sooner rather than later.

Last night I did 60 leg presses, adding a little weight (140 pounds is still pretty light), plus 45 minutes of pedaling the recumbent bike.  PT appointment this afternoon and maybe more pedaling after that.  According to my recovery schedule, spin bike starts during week six.  This is week six.  I am hoping they'll get me going on that today so I can finally start some real cardio work.  The recumbent bike just doesn't really do it for me.

<3

LRB

Supp D2!

Boon, I tried the recumbent bike once and just didn't like it.  To me, it's stupid...although I must say, there are some dudes who ride them on the road who fly by like I am a pylon!

Dave, I am going to run without my jacket, oh boy!  Shocked

Ball of Fury

Good morning dailies!  Ugh!  For those keeping score, it is Hanson strength workout 1, Ami 0!  I knew it was gonna be a tough one when my warm-up mile felt super difficult, but I thought my legs might come around if I just pushed through....um, no, no they didn't!  I was supposed to do 6 x 1 mile @ 7:50/mile (GHMP -10) with 400 M recoveries and I tried to do that, I really did, but my legs just weren't having it.  It took me until the 4th mile to even get close to 7:50/mile and truthfully, it felt like a 5K effort.  It was after that one, that I decided I was probably doing myself more harm than good, so I just ran 2.5 miles home at an easy pace (didn't feel easy though).  I know I made the right decision, but it is still disappointing!!  At least I actually got up at 3:30 AM and gave it a shot I guess.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

four miles for me after work.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

Supp D2!

Boon, I tried the recumbent bike once and just didn't like it.  To me, it's stupid...although I must say, there are some dudes who ride them on the road who fly by like I am a pylon!

If I had an actual recumbent bike, that might actually be interesting and a little fun.  As it is, I am stuck using the recumbent bike machine at the gym.  It's boring, uncomfortable, and boring.  Plus I am supposed to keep the tension low for now, so it's hard to get the heart rate up.  But, I keep doing it because it's all I can do.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Coffee on, about to go fix breakfast for the little guy and myself - I've been working for the last 1.5 hours. Today will be 6-7 easy miles plus a strength training class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Yeah, just 2 shirts for me today. Hoping to retire the jacket for the damn season after the kind of day we had Sunday, but you know how that first warm day of the year goes to your head. It may in fact be back tomorrow, looking at the forecast....

Dave

BruceD555

flarunner- Good morning and thanks for getting us started today. Hope you enjoyed your run ... and the spring shower. (Our's was white and lumpy overnight)

DaveP MI- Yup, no spring in sight for us yet. Have a good run over lunch today.

LRB- So, back to Pike Place on the K-cups? That's the beauty of the Keurig when you're feeling groggy ... just a minute and life is good. Hope you have a good run @ the track today - whatever is on tap.

Dtothe2nd- Remember ... easy!

Baboon- I hope you're free of the dumb "recliner bike" and back in the real saddle again.

AmiK- Sorry you had a tough workout this morning. Since it was so early, it may just be lack of rest/sleep that set you up to miss your mark this morning. It sounds like you made the best of things and got some easy miles in anyway.

Sparker1606- Enjoy those 4 miles later on today.

I have 9 miles with 5x600 intervals thrown in today for my scheduled run. Since we got another dusting of snow overnight (less than an inch) and it's supposed to flurry on & off today, I'm going to head to the indoor track this evening after work. I'm looking forward to this workout to get the legs turning over in prep for this weekend's 10k tune-up race.

Train smart ... race smarter.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning.

2 rainy miles.

I think my Garmin is broken...? every second the pace would change drastically ie 3:03 then 18:36 then 7:50 then 4:10....ect...not sure it measured the distance accurately either...any ideas?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Morning.

2 rainy miles.

I think my Garmin is broken...? every second the pace would change drastically ie 3:03 then 18:36 then 7:50 then 4:10....ect...not sure it measured the distance accurately either...any ideas?

Do you have it set to "current pace" or "current lap pace"?  In my experience, "current pace" can sort of be all over the map.  I keep my laps set to one mile and use current lap pace.  That gives a consistent reading.  As far as the distance goes, I've doublechecked distances by driving or biking the route (car and bike each have their own computers), or running on a path that has mile markers.  Sometimes though on a run for various reasons, the Garmin just gives you a bad reading (weak signal, paused, stopped then started, etc).  One HM I ran gave me a distance of 12.6 miles, when everyone else had 13.1.

<3