Beginners and Beyond

Terrific TUESDAILIES (Read 53 times)

B-Plus

The 910 allows several screens and I have one with average HR and average pace for the whole run.  Nice to see it midrun.

You beat me to it! I have one screen with my normal go-to stats that I like to see, and a second screen with stuff that might be nice to see once in a while. Have a nice flight and trip.

10ish miles on tap with 2 x 15 min @ HMP-MP.

delicate flower

The 910 allows several screens and I have one with average HR and average pace for the whole run.  Nice to see it midrun.

The 410 allows for three screens to toggle (nine data fields total) but rarely do I need more than the basic three fields (lap pace, run time, distance).

<3

delicate flower

You beat me to it! I have one screen with my normal go-to stats that I like to see, and a second screen with stuff that might be nice to see once in a while. Have a nice flight and trip.

10ish miles on tap with 2 x 15 min @ HMP-MP.

Curious, do you press a button to see the second screen or does it toggle through automatically?

<3

Hip Redux

Curious, do you press a button to see the second screen or does it toggle through automatically?

You can do either.   It allows 4 data fields per page, 4 pages.

LRB

Yeah, just 2 shirts for me today. Hoping to retire the jacket for the damn season after the kind of day we had Sunday, but you know how that first warm day of the year goes to your head. It may in fact be back tomorrow, looking at the forecast....

It pays to trust your experiences.  One shirt, pants and gloves and I was golden despite temps of 38 degrees and strong winds.  It is great weather to run in considering what we have had.  I enjoyed mine today, you will too! 

Bruce, the Pike's did the trick!

Thanks Sarah and Basya, what up doe to everyone else!

As for me, I went into this workout with two goals: reduce my recovery time, and run an even pace throughout.  

Usually, I blast out of the gate with my fastest split being the first, then struggle with each successive split the rest of the workout.  Or, I will lolly gag along during a split then haul ass the last 200 meters to make up for the time or pace lost.

Although my pace today was a tad bit slower overall (6:30 average), I was in control and running loose the entire workout.  My recoveries were also pretty even, and also not as long as usual, which I am happiest about.

"R" pace workout:

4 X 200 + 200 + 800

200 splits were; 49, 49, 49, 48, 46, 46, 46, 44.

800 splits were; 3:29, 3:22, 3:25, 3:21. 

To run a 6:00 minute mile (one of my goals), my 200's need to be at 45 seconds, and my 800's at 3:00 minutes flat.  I am not there yet, but it is not entirely impossible either. 

So I will be back in the speed lab this weekend.  Until then, it will be all easy miles baby...with some strides thrown in here and there per Mr. Daniels of course!

delicate flower

You can do either.   It allows 4 data fields per page, 4 pages.

Meh, the 410 auto-scroll is either on or off.  You can adjust the speed at which it scrolls though.

<3

Hip Redux

Meh, the 410 auto-scroll is either on or off.  You can adjust the speed at which it scrolls though.

910 FTW!

(considering the cost, it better win lol)

outoftheblue

Good morning!

Drinking coffee and thinking about making some huevos rancheros for breakfast.  Got in 5 easy miles last night and today is a SRD, although I have a lot of yard work scheduled today.  Weeds are everywhere and just about everything in the yard needs to be pruned and/or fertilized.

Life is good.

happylily

Some idiot phone company tech came yesterday to fix a cable that was hanging too low over our yard. By mistake, he damaged the internet cable which is from another company. So no highspeed internet until another tech decides to show up today, or tomorrow... I'm using dial-up right now and it's not very stable. Argh... I feel the withdrawal will be painful until everything is fixed.

Like Bruce, I have 9 miles with 5x600m @ 5k pace.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Some idiot phone company tech came yesterday to fix a cable that was hanging too low over our yard. By mistake, he damaged the internet cable which is from another company. So no highspeed internet until another tech decides to show up today, or tomorrow... I'm using dial-up right now and it's not very stable. Argh... I feel the withdrawal will be painful until everything is fixed.

Dial. up.  OMG.  I think I might have withdrawal symptoms too!

Our cable internet went down after one of the storms for a week and I think I'm still having PTSD.

LRB

The 410 allows for three screens to toggle (nine data fields total) but rarely do I need more than the basic three fields (lap pace, run time, distance).

If you include the heart rate screen, it's four screens and twelve data fields total.

LRB

910 FTW!

(considering the cost, it better win lol)

$150.00 shipped for the 410.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi guys!

I'm thinking about 5 fartleky miles later. I'm waiting for the rain to slow down before I go out. Maybe early this afternoon. Smile

delicate flower

If you include the heart rate screen, it's four screens and twelve data fields total.

I bought the HR strap about a month ago and will start using it once my crippleness heals up.  I'll keep lap pace, distance, and HR on screen 1.

<3

B-Plus

I think I would find autoscroll to be annoying. I just press the stupid touch bezel on my 405 when I want to toggle screens.