Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies are livin' large and lovin' life. (Read 222 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Samurai in Training

Hohoho... In a good moods this morning.  Sore frame yesterday's strength training but test ill happy. 

Off for a run and another gym visit later working chest and back. 

Running The Hot Chocolate 5K this morning. Not racing, about 10 of us are dressing up and going to have an easy 3.1 while supporting a good cause. Hot Chocolate at the end and lunch with everyone after. It should be a fabulous day.

@runjerseygirl

Just wrapped up a new distance PR: 6.21 miles.  Virtual 10k done.  

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Hit the gym yesterday for a full body workout  on the machines. Started to add a little weight. At home I did some lower leg resistance band exercises and stretches.

Yesterdays knife and fork experience included two scoops of ice cream (Expresso Bean and Butternut Pecan Swirl) from Owowcow in Ottsville, followed up with Thai food in Doylestown. That's right, dessert came first!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Good morning, everyone! Eddie, I hope you have a great run and an awesome gym workout. makk9898, good luck! Kay, congratulations on your distance PR; I'm amazed at how quickly you've progressed. Gustav, I'm envying your dessert...
                I'm heading out for 8.0 miles. Sometime later today, I'll hit the gym for weights. Abs will happen sometime before bed.

delicate flower

Sunday Sunday Sunday!!! I have a 5K this morning. I want a new PR! Been chasing it for a year now. I *should* be able to, but who the hell knows.

<3

@runjerseygirl

Good luck!

Do you even run?

LRB

I stayed up a little late, and I'm just getting up...

need coffee...

Samurai in Training

K... congrats on the new distance PR!

Racers... good luck!

BasyaSpiliakos... enjoy the run, workout and abs later.  I have to start working that back into the mix in a few weeks too.

runmomto3boys

I wanted to do 20 today, but my legs have been trashed.  We'll see what I'm able to do.  It might be a short one.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Congrats, Kay!!! Good luck, Phil! I'm going to run about 4 miles and then go to a yoga class this afternoon. LRB's post yesterday inspired me to finally do it. My hamstrings, calves, shins, and hips are really tight.
                            CrisRuns

Good morning! I had a bad night of sleep and I don't feel like swimming. So I guess I will climb on the stationary bike and doze off while my feet go.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Congrats, Kay.

Good luck, Phil.

Heidi, sorry your legs aren't 100% right now.  Have you had a cutback week recently?  I know you're heading into training soon.

Yesterday was my first run of the week so far (was sick all week).  So today's LR won't be all that long.  I'm heading out for 6, and if I feel okay after a few miles, I might take a different turn somewhere and add on another mile.

ETA: I was able to take enough detours to make it a nice 8 mile run.  It was foggy and in the 20s, which meant the roads were slick.  That forced me to maintain a pretty steady 10mm pace...and I didn't look at my Garmin until the last mile -- only to see what I had so I knew where I could end it. Smile

KLO

more miles = more beer