Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies are livin' large and lovin' life. (Read 222 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Haven't heard anything from Damaris yet. I hope she is okay! LRB, sounds like it was a good day for you! You will be up and running soon enough. I went to yoga this afternoon after being inspired by LRB's post yesterday and my legs feel fantastic. I'm adding it in to my routine - once or twice a week.
    FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Oh duh...I forgot that Las Vegas is an evening race. Damaris is just heading to the start now. Smile

'afternoon, dailies:

Kay - grats on the 6

Eddie - "Sore frame yesterday's strength training but test ill happy. "  I see that you bought speech recognition software from Dizzy Ltd.  We live in interesting times.

Basya - nice run

Heidi - awesome as usual!

An unplanned M in front of my LR today, simply because the weather was bordering on craptacular.   50 degrees but with steady wind and rain, 13.1 miles at 7:30 pace.  Going shopping for gore-tex soon.

Only two pairs of runners spotted today;  the first was a couple ladies looking tough and impervious to the rain, smiling even.  Of the second pair, the guy immediately recognized my jacket and briefly chatted about being the 4:00 pacer at the Adirondack marathon.  250 finishers in a race 6 hours away, and I run into a guy who did it.  Small world.

Ball of Fury

Great job on the runs everyone!  I did my first ever 20-miler today and I think it went pretty well!  I got lucky that DH went first because he got rained on the entire time, where I just had a few sprinkles here and there.  Anyway, it was my first run with my Garmin so I am still playing with that but will post my splits for the last 17.4 miles (accidentally reset after the first 2.6) just to see if anyone has any advice or comments.  The first 10, I was shoot for around 9:45 (have really been trying to slow down my long runs some) and did pretty well.  Mile 6 was almost all uphill and mile 8 included a bathroom stop.  After the first 10, I felt great so decided to speed up just a bit to see what a negative split would feel like for a long run.  Was aiming for 9:30 for those miles and didn't do too badly...sped up a little at the end because I wanted to be done!  Anyway, I was really happy with how I felt the whole time and can actually see myself running this marathon now!  It was a little emotional for me (which is unusual) because I just kept thinking that 2 years ago, I was a 185 lb slug who couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath and today I ran 20 freakin miles!!  Sorry to go on and on, I was just excited.  Thanks for listening.

Laps18

View Splits

Split Split

Hours:Minutes:Seconds Time

Miles Distance

Minutes per Mile Avg Pace

Summary 2:49:03.3 17.40 9:43
          1 9:53.8 1.00 9:54
          2 9:44.3 1.00 9:44
          3 9:49.1 1.00 9:49
          4 9:45.3 1.00 9:45
          5 9:45.8 1.00 9:46
          6 10:11.9 1.00 10:12
          7 9:41.9 1.00 9:42
          8 11:25.3 1.00 11:25
          9 9:31.3 1.00 9:31
          10 9:26.4 1.00 9:26
          11 9:33.4 1.00 9:33
          12 9:27.0 1.00 9:27
          13 9:38.4 1.00 9:38
          14 9:19.6 1.00 9:20
          15 9:26.0 1.00 9:26
          16 9:23.4 1.00 9:23
          17 9:21.0 1.00 9:21
          18 3:39.5 0.40 9:10

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Weights are done:/
            locomote

Hello All... 26.2 wet and windy miles at CIM today. Was a wild ride early on but we got some sun for the finish. Had a blast as usual. Smile

Samurai in Training

Eddie - "Sore frame yesterday's strength training but test ill happy. "  I see that you bought speech recognition software from Dizzy Ltd.  We live in interesting times.

See signature.  Also, like all people and try to be a really nice guy.  I still don't wish to be compared with him though.  Even if it is tech.  Big grin

StepbyStep-SH

Evening check-in. Today was an SRD (sick rest day), though I think I'm turning the corner. No sudafed since 7:30 this morning and I can still breathe, which is an improvement.

Though I didn't do more than a 10-minute walk in the fitness department, I did attend church and Sunday school, followed by baking two batches of cookies, making a salad, doing 3 loads of laundry (folded and put away, even!), and helping DS turn a paper gingerbread boy into a knight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Sharz96

It was absolutely gorgeous this afternoon.  Sunny and about 62/63.  This is normally my long run day, but it's a cutback week, so it was only 5 miles.  Definitely ready to attack a full running schedual again next week.

LRB

...I went to yoga this afternoon after being inspired by LRB's post yesterday and my legs feel fantastic. I'm adding it in to my routine - once or twice a week.

Can you add my legs to your routine, once or twice a week?  I can pick them up when you're done.

runmomto3boys

Amik: Congratulations on knocking out your first 20 miler!!!  You killed it.  Look at those pretty splits!  Shooting for 9:30 on the back end of the run: look how freaking fast your actual splits are!  I don't blame you for being on Cloud 9: you rocked it!  Yay you!

I can't wait to hear how Damaris' marathon is going.  I know it's a PM race.  Dying to know!

Jay: Wow - what a small world!  How cool that you ran into him!  Nice work on the MLR.  Great pace!

Locomote: Congratulations on finishing CIM!!!!  I can't wait to hear all about it.  Definitely write up a RR!!!!

Shari: I'm glad you are feeling better!  You've gotten hit hard!

@runjerseygirl

LRB, if you're going to do yoga, we want pics.  And I'm pretty sure the rest of the ladies here would agree. Wink

Do you even run?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Can you add my legs to your routine, once or twice a week?  I can pick them up when you're done.

I would if I could! I probably could have used your legs when I had to do a squat while I was on my tip toes. Sonofabitch that was tough and I felt it in my knees.
                            LRB

LRB, if you're going to do yoga, we want pics.  And I'm pretty sure the rest of the ladies here would agree. Wink

Actually, I would have no problem with that.  For me, the biggest hurdle to do something new or different is usually the mental one.  Once I decide to go ahead and do something, I go ahead and do it.

SPOILER ALERT: It may not be a pretty sight girlfriend.  Juss sayin'.

LRB

I would if I could! I probably could have used your legs when I had to do a squat while I was on my tip toes. Sonofabitch that was tough and I felt it in my knees.

A squat on the tippy toes?  My ass is toast!