Beginners and Beyond

Bring on the coffee, it's Monday, Penguins (Read 32 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) ShyShyShy

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

4 miles on the schedule for me - after work.

Traci - after a couple of applications of bandaids it is sort of like a waxing effect.  LOL

Scotty - no such luck here.

Coffee is ready, I'm off to work.  I have tomorrow off - cant' wait.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Vance and Penguins.  Hope everyone had a nice long weekend.  Initial visit to PT after work.  No running planned.

Looks like its going to be a stormy Monday here.

Have a great day !!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight and maybe weights.

Vance, enjoy the 4.

Jerry, good luck with the PT.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning Penguins!

Good luck at PT Jerry, hope he or she can help you and get you back to running pain free!

SRD for me today, as most Mondays are.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

3 fast miles on kinvaras.

Morning, everyone!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning everyone.

Jerry  - I hope the PT goes well, and that its nothing too serious.

My weekend cookout became more than expected.  Anytime you're cooking steak at midnight for a snack, you know the cookouts gone in an entertaining direction.  It took me until almost 7 o'clock last night to get out the door for a run with my wife.  The good news is that I ended up with anothe 50 mile week.  Training is going well.  This morning's run was gross...lol  It was only 72, but we had 87% humidity.  Damaris, I don't know how you run in this high humidity all the time, and don't just consider it swimming.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Philliefan33

Good morning everyone.

5 miles done before work.  I'm having a tough time getting into work mode...

7.1 in 1:14 with my sister and her friend. Every mile was a lil faster and the last one was 9:40. Where did that come from????

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Your legs?

7.1 in 1:14 with my sister and her friend. Every mile was a lil faster and the last one was 9:40. Where did that come from????

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Your legs?

Yes. But I am not that fast and I have not had good runs of late. Maybe following the blonde in short shorts helped. Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hope you are refering to the friend and not your sister Joking

Yes. But I am not that fast and I have not had good runs of late. Maybe following the blonde in short shorts helped. Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Got a chick coming down for some experiments in a few, so this is a quickie fly-by.  Not much weird going on this week for me, except that I'll be off Friday and next Monday to head down to NC for my father's retirement party.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Hope you are refering to the friend and not your sister Joking

LOL

3.92 miles for me with the club. About a half mile warmup, then 3 sets of 2x300m/100m recovery, 400m recovery between sets, 1 set of 2x200m/200m recovery (rest of the group did 3 sets), another half mile or so cooldown. Couple of walk/water breaks thrown in between sets. I'm still holding back on both the pace and full volume of the workouts everyone else is doing, I still felt awesome at the end even in the heat and blazing sun at 7:45 AM. Plain ol' easy miles scheduled for the rest of the week so as not to overdo it and get hurt yet again!

Zelanie

Morning, penguins!  RD here as I work two WW meetings and have PT as well.  I will run my one-mile warmup, but that's it.

Vance- It's kinda like a week with two Fridays for you! Smile

Jerry- Hoping you get some answers to get you moving towards running pain-free again!

D- Hope the 6 with weights go well, and that DH isn't too mopey about his rest week.

kristin- Enjoy the RD!

Bin- Good run!  Do you use your Kinvaras just for speedwork?

T-rod- We need to get you into a 5K! Wink

Awood- Sounds like a great success!

HsM- Four-day week!  Yay!

Lauren- Sounds like a really nice way to ease back into speedwork.  Well done!