Beginners and Beyond

Monday (Read 35 times)

LRB

Blah.

Rest day.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 28 in the dark.  Even though I haven't run on over a week, my foot is still sore and slightly swollen.  I think the bike was wiser than my normal judgement.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Happy Monday, I guess.  I swam 2400 yards before work and kept the effort easy.  Short run tonight.

<3

onemile

I ran 8

Half Crazy K 2.0

FYI, Brooks Ghost 9 us the Holabird Sports deal of the day. $82.95.  No clue if that's a good deal.

LRB

I ran 8

Looks like the 8 ran you.

Nice job getting that done. Tomorrow should be much better, or at least not as bad.

onemile

FYI, Brooks Ghost 9 us the Holabird Sports deal of the day. $82.95.  No clue if that's a good deal.

It's not bad, but I bought two pairs from Nordstrom rack a week ago for $69 each.

onemile

Looks like the 8 ran you.

Nice job getting that done. Tomorrow should be much better, or at least not as bad.

That first mile was a GPS error. But I was still feeling fairly creaky.

Addie was happy with my fast-ish 18 yesterday though.

And I have run nearly 70 miles over the last 7 days.

LRB

That first mile was a GPS error. But I was still feeling fairly creaky.

Addie was happy with my fast-ish 18 yesterday though.

And I have run nearly 70 miles over the last 7 days.

I saw that. 👍

Are you running Fox Cities or is it too early to know?

onemile

I saw that. 👍

Are you running Fox Cities or is it too early to know?

Yes I am planning on it

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I took today off work, at least.  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

They are currently $90 on Brooks.com and $85 on RW, so that's a bit better but nothing monumental.

It's not bad, but I bought two pairs from Nordstrom rack a week ago for $69 each.

Whoa. I would never think to check there. Need to add them to my list of hunting grounds I guess.

I have a while before I need new ones, but always good to be on the lookout for deals. There is a Brooks Outlet store near me, maybe they will show up there and get cheaper. And now that I know about it, anxiously awaiting the next twice-yearly Brooks Outlet Truckload Sale, coming up sometime in the fall. Where I stocked up on $40 Adrenalines last time.

Dave

onemile

They are currently $90 on Brooks.com and $85 on RW, so that's a bit better but nothing monumental.

Whoa. I would never think to check there. Need to add them to my list of hunting grounds I guess.

I have a while before I need new ones, but always good to be on the lookout for deals. There is a Brooks Outlet store near me, maybe they will show up there and get cheaper. And now that I know about it, anxiously awaiting the next twice-yearly Brooks Outlet Truckload Sale, coming up sometime in the fall. Where I stocked up on $40 Adrenalines last time.

I thought you were getting some super special employee discount now.

I didn't actually go to Nordstrom Rack - I ordered from their website.  But it looks like they are pretty much sold out of men's sizes.  They have plenty of women's left though:  https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2108315/brooks-ghost-9-running-shoe?color=PURPLE%20CACTUS%20FLOWER

I hesitate to stockpile more than 2 pairs because who knows...

Orangetheory class this morning for the start of Peak Performance Week.  Today's "event" was the 500m row, which I actually had a previous time on file for!  (The last time we did PPW, I somehow managed to not have any times to compare.)  Got 2.4 miles in on the treadmill while I was there, and I'm undecided as to whether I'm going to go out for another 3 later on.  Because it's HOT outside...!

I need new shoes, and I'm still in denial about New Balance discontinuing my beloved 890's.  I wore their Vazee Pace for my last training cycle, and while it was okay, it wasn't the same.  I've been procrastinating about going back to Marathon Sports to get new recommendations, but I could tell after my Sunday run that it's well past time for a new pair.  (sigh)

I thought you were getting some super special employee discount now.

I didn't actually go to Nordstrom Rack - I ordered from their website.  But it looks like they are pretty much sold out of men's sizes.  They have plenty of women's left though:  https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2108315/brooks-ghost-9-running-shoe?color=PURPLE%20CACTUS%20FLOWER

I hesitate to stockpile more than 2 pairs because who knows...

Ha, I just checked the Rack, they have exactly one pair of men's left (not my size of course).

I do get the employee discount, which is 40%. However it seems it is 40% off original retail price. So you get a $120 current model for $72, but when it goes on sale for $90, you still get it for $72. And you lose the free shipping, so add $5. So still a chance to be able to find a better deal in some cases.

I agree that more than 2 pair is risky. That's what I did with the cheap Adrenalines, although I had just bought a (not quite as) cheap pair from RW. So I am set for a while on that front. Even though I really don't like them that much anymore. 

Dave