Beginners and Beyond

I Can Run Again (Read 348 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Great news!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Awesome!!

I was off for a surgery for 8 weeks in the spring so I know how happy you must be!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I knew you would.  Stupid doctor from last week.  I assume that since you never called me that you got your X-Rays back.  Asshole doctor!

Damaris just straight layin the smack down!!!  Big grin

Congrats Lara and, yes, be patient!!!  Only when you have walked the rice paper and left no prints....Oh and snatched the pebble.  Ya, that's it.  Rice paper & pebbles.  Clown

Randy

Great news!

Great news, but please come back slowly!  Smile

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Whoo hoo.  Can't wait to see what you're going to accomplish!

Docket_Rocket

Hi Damaris! How are you doing?

Good.  Lots of work.  You?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Congratulations! Glad to hear you'll be taking it easy. I'll keep my eye out for you at Disney Princess.

Purple Toes

Congrats! That is great news!

Congrats! 

Chairman

Looks like we have a kid loose in a candy store again ...

Don't go overboard. 

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Better I Leave

Don't worry.  Promised my ortho (friend) and husband to do only 3 runs a week for time being and to stick to no more than 30 mpw except when getting ready for Princess Half and even then less than I'd normally do.  I am to substitute two of my normal tun days with the bike and keep an extra rest day for the time being.  Christian is eager I reenter the local scence with him, so he'll be on my case if I don't follow orders.

Very cool. Being new here, may I ask what happened that prevented you from running?

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Very cool. Being new here, may I ask what happened that prevented you from running?

Well, that would depend on who you asked.  I thought it was a calf strain so I went to a chiro hoping some ultrasound would help.  Chiro diagnosed me with multiple sfx and told me 6 weeks off.  After 6 weeks, he told me he still didn't like the x-rays, so lets wait another 6 weeks.  Took x-rays to an orthopedist who couldn't find any evidence of sfx in either set of films and based on my desciption of the injury concurred that it was likely a calf strain and okayed me to gradually return to running.

You all totally think I'm going to go crazy now, don't you?  I promise I'm not.  I'm sick of doctors. 

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

HOORAY!!!!!

Creawood

LIKE!!