Beginners and Beyond

Garmin 225 (Read 74 times)

beer run

It seems they have jumped in on the built-in heart rate monitor movement.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-01472-10-Forerunner-225/dp/B00XKRWTUE/ref=zg_bsnr_617647011_1

What's the word?

Hip Redux

The word is buy a TomTom. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The word is buy a TomTom. 

Word.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Word.

...and half the price !!!

It seems they have jumped in on the built-in heart rate monitor movement.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-01472-10-Forerunner-225/dp/B00XKRWTUE/ref=zg_bsnr_617647011_1

What's the word?

I have never used a heart rate monitor for anything, ever. Am I missing out?

Dave

delicate flower

I predict it will be frustratingly unreliable until about the 7th or 8th firmware update.

<3

LRB

I tried it for a spell and for data geeks it's cool but it was not worth the hassle of wearing that stupid strap. Now that it is built into the watch (they are using the same heart-rate sensor as TomTom, made by Mio), I obviously would go back to being geeky.

Cyberic

I tried it for a spell and for data geeks it's cool but it was not worth the hassle of wearing that stupid strap. Now that it is built into the watch (they are using the same heart-rate sensor as TomTom, made by Mio), I obviously would go back to being geeky.

+1 but not going to buy one just for the HRM. To me it's like the RPM gauge of your car. Can't say it's not useful, it tells you how the engine is revving, but I certainly don't need it, especially if that means wearing a stupid strap. But I don't need a strap in my car for the RPM (nor with the 225) so yeah, bring it on!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

This.

You people have issues 

bluerun

Super B****

After experiencing some really nasty chafing from the HRM-Run strap, I found this tempting... until I realized it would be useless in winter when I wear my watch over my jacket sleeve.

Besides, I actually like my 620.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

I use mine all the time.  And no.

<3

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I use mine all the time.  And no.

Well at least you know you aren't dead.  I'd call that a win.

You people have issues 

LRB

After experiencing some really nasty chafing from the HRM-Run strap, I found this tempting... until I realized it would be useless in winter when I wear my watch over my jacket sleeve.

That would extend into late fall and early spring for me (glove wearing season), essentially making the HRM feature a one season novelty.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Well at least you know you aren't dead.  I'd call that a win.

...and nice to know that at least part of me is running fast.

onemile

This