Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESdailies are for running. (Read 42 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.8 agreeable miles.  There were some powerful thunderstorms about 50 miles away, and the cloud to cloud lightning was an awesome show.  Mother Nature can be pretty sweet at times.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 7.

And after two days of no running, I would've thought that I would be fresh and raring to go. No. I lacked energy and my legs were pretty much dead. 

delicate flower

Hello Wednesday!  I slept well last night but I am sleepy as all hell this morning.  WHAT THE HECK.   

But enough about me.  I was up early this morning for today's bike workout, which was 21 miles including 3 x 15 minutes hard.  I suck at hard efforts in the morning, so I am pleased with the 18.1 mph avg.  That's all for today.

<3

Hi guys:

About to go do 12 this morning, 5K this evening.

Somehow by the grace of few runners showing up, I made $475 in a week of racing.  Unfortunately, the other 51 weeks of the year are not nearly so lucrative, and so, the day job remains. 

delicate flower

Somehow by the grace of few runners showing up, I made $475 in a week of racing. 

Whoa....that is some serious winnings for us hobbyists.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I actually did a workout today.  That rarely happens!!

7.5 total with 4x1600 @5K pace, 600m recovery.  (After I did this workout, I looked up my supposed speed pace for 1600s according to McMillan.  I missed by one second in the last repeat.  GRRR.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

I ran 7.

And after two days of no running, I would've thought that I would be fresh and raring to go. No. I lacked energy and my legs were pretty much dead. 

I always feel like that whenever I take a rest day or two.  Like WTF.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hi guys:

About to go do 12 this morning, 5K this evening.

Somehow by the grace of few runners showing up, I made $475 in a week of racing.  Unfortunately, the other 51 weeks of the year are not nearly so lucrative, and so, the day job remains. 

Nice!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Whoa....that is some serious winnings for us hobbyists.

The majority was from being 2nd American at the Subaru 4-Mile Chase, Buffalo's big-money race of the year.  I'm looking forward to being 40 next year.  Wink

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got 6.3 miles last night, sweating horribly but it wasn't as awful as Saturday night. I took an 18 oz bottle of half gatorade and half water with me, had to leave phone at home...... DH isn't comfortable with that...

I have no idea about today, we had a crappy night's sleep and I have Bible Study tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I've had 10 days off. I should probably start running again...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've had 10 days off. I should probably start running again...

There She Is!!!!!!

Hey! You were right, this whole interval, track or speed training or whatever you want to call it can suck when you actually push yourself  But I feel so much better after a good, hard workout.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

4x1600 @5K pace

Ugh. That's a lot of 1600s.

11 for me. They were slow, and sucked. And around here, I can't even blame the heat.

onemile: in your absence, we did not know how to handle the star-giving. Today, I give myself this one:

Dave

delicate flower

Ugh. That's a lot of 1600s.

11 for me. They were slow, and sucked. And around here, I can't even blame the heat.

onemile: in your absence, we did not know how to handle the star-giving. Today, I give myself this one:

lmao

<3