Beginners and Beyond

Tripping Over THURSDAILIES to Get to the Weekend (Read 87 times)

emo-yes WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! emo-yes

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RWOL). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I finally slept for about three hours between 3:30 and 6:45.

I awoke, dropped and did thirty push-ups, and did my ab work.

Now, I need food.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am not up by choice Sad but hey I made it to the first page!

Little bit is not sleeping well tonight, I am glad I went ahead and ran my 7 mile tempo a few hours ago rather than save it for today. Tonight I am probably going to do 4 easy miles and then come home and try for 20 minutes of Aerobic Kickboxing if my little man will allow me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Poor kid. Poor mamaSad I hope that your day goes smoothly, FreeSoul87.

I had a plain yogurt with a red tea before leaving the apartment. I'm finishing a breakfast of brown bread, shakshuka (eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce), and a small salad. YumSmile

I'm heading back into the Old City in a bit.

I'm being bad. I walked the 1.25 miles to the cafe for breakfast. I'm walking into the Old City; I'll rack up about another mile there. I'm looking at another four to five miles of walking around the city today. So much for resting.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Basya & Freesoul!  Morning, Dailies!

Basya - if I don't mention it again, good luck on tomorrow's race. Get your exercise in and take a nap if you need one.

Freesoul - the little ones do have a unique sleeping pattern at times. Of course, they like to share it with others! That doesn't mean that you can't take a little nap yourself.

Me - up too early also, but I'm awake so I'll start into some chores this morning. Probably going to get 4 miles in later today to finish off February, but I'm also thinking that I'll be taking a nap this morning. I have nap on the mind!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

Spin class at lunch.

Oops.

Do you even run?

flarunner

Mornin' Dailyites!

5 miles easy this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

LRB

Yo.

All the hoopla surrounding yesterdays storm was just that, as not much of it lasted.  We'll be in the 30's today and tomorrow before temps drop back into the mid 20's in time for my weekend runs.  Of course.

That we are on the eve of March is welcome but up here, spring can come in March, April wait till May, or sometimes not come at all.  Those are the years we literally go from winter right into summer.  We shall see...

I am heading to the gym for some active meditation, and I am looking forward to it.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! I did a 3.6 mile @ 8:49 pace recovery run yesterday morning. The roads were snow covered with little to no traction. Today is a SRD. Tomorrow I run 8 miles.

Basya - Good luck on the marathon. Try to stay off your feet as much as possible today.

Have a great day everyone! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - Enjoy the day, but try to put your feet up for a bit!
                      FreeSoul - I sympathize with you. I had thought I was past the stage of children waking me up at night when he turned 4 or so, but the last few months have almost been worse than baby stage.

I am blaming Curious George. You know? The little monkey? He is why I got almost no sleep last night. My 6-year-old son was so worried he wouldn't wake up in time to watch his show at 6 that he woke up at 2 a.m., and then came into my room again at 3, and at 3:45, and at 4:30, at which point I just got up and told him he didn't have to go back to bed either. I was planning to get up at 5 anyway to get some things done, but I had hoped to have a bit more sleep by then. DS decided at 5:10 that he was going back to bed, but only if I promised to wake him up when Curious George starts. It is going to be a long day for all of us.

So, I'm not sure what I will do, if I even try to work out today. The plan calls for 9 miles, last 4 as a progression, and I have a strength training class at noon. I may skip one or both in order to take a nap.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Tom, enjoy your four-miler.

Kay, have fun spinning.

flarunner, great job squeezing in five miles before work.

Rick, active meditation...I love it.

SUSchnauzer, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

Shari, I hope that your day goes well and that you get some rest.

I walked a lot more than five miles today. I wandered through the Muslim Quarter to distract myself from stressing over the race and something back in Boston that's bothering me. Now, I'm being given the best pedicure everSmile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Working from home today but before that, I need to do my allergy shot.  I did not sleep well either.

Basya, good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!!

Kay, no spilling the coffee!! Joking

Absolutely outstanding run this morning, 9 miles @ 7:37/mile, just one of those smooth runs where you feel very efficient.  I always imagine that this is how it feels for elite runners, just gliding along, except they're moving much faster lol  At least that's how it always looks to me, they seem to be running so effortlessly, and every once in a while I have run where I kinda feel like that. Smile  Definitely a great way to start the day!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Thursday.  PIGPILE!!!

Edit to add:  PT appointment this afternoon.  Maybe, maybe they'll get rid of the brace.  Small chance, but a possibility.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kay don't scare me with pictures like that! That is disturbing!!!

Good luck Basya!!!

Today should’ve been a run day. But based on how my ITB has been behaving earlier in the week (and it feels ok now and I want to keep it that way!) I didn’t want to chance aggravating it. I’m looking forward too much to my 5K on Sunday to risk pissing off the knee. 3 days pre-race there really aren’t gains in fitness you can make to benefit the race from a running workout, anyway, right?? To play it safe I hit the gym for a killer elliptical workout. Throughout the whole ITB ordeal than has been going on for 2 months, the elliptical never has aggravated it, so figured it was a safe workout. 30 minutes including 3 min warm up and cool down, 2 minute intervals of higher speed, resistance and incline (though the actual resistance and incline varied each time) with 3 minute recovery periods. Then hip and core exercises and stretching. Foam roller at home.

Day 3 of Weight Watchers for me…. not looking forward to being hungry but I’m getting smarter about it already, yesterday I used less points and was less hungry than Tuesday.

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to