Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Let Your Inner Child Out To Play! (Read 36 times)

i tired to post this am, but my phone wouldnt cooperate with me. Oh well, I got 4 miles in this am and have a trail run half marathon on sunday. I am hoping for a PR, but only time will tell.

hope everybody has a great day

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Zelanie I want some of that cake! mmm! And you do NOT look okd enough to have a 15 year old!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning everyone!

Today it is group PT with the wing. I don't know what we are going as I haven't been to a session yet. We'll see how it goes.

Rach, they didn't tell you that y'all were going outside into the 'fresh' Alaskan air?  BWAAAAAHAAHAAAAHA!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Hi!!  I don't think I posted this morning.  I had a deposition most of the day, then used my lunch hour to do packet pickup for the marathon on Sunday.  Back at the office now, hoping the weekend can start, ha!

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Zelanie I want some of that cake! mmm! And you do NOT look okd enough to have a 15 year old!

Yeah, that's what I thought too when I found out she had kids. Heck, when I first saw her avatar, I thought initially she was in high school or early college years, lol.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the trail half, Tomas!  Where is this one located?

Glad you got safely through packet pickup, Damaris!  Have a fun marathon this weekend - I'm assuming it's this weekend - and don't get zINGed by anyone or anything! Big grin

GinnyinPA

Damaris and T-Rod - have fun with your races this weekend.  I hope all goes well.

Zel - that cakes sounds scrumptious.

Scotty - doesn't the Riverwalk get awfully crowded for running?  Or do you run away from all the shops and restaurants?

I haven't decided whether or not I'll hit the TM this afternoon.  It will be a short one, if I do.  It's snowing outside, which just makes me want to curl up with a good book and watch the flakes swirling around the backyard.   We got up early to get some routine bloodwork done, and somehow I haven't managed to find any energy yet.

SheCan

Afternoon Penguins!

Gustav-  good workout!

Mitch- that IS a great tempo run!  I can only dream of times like those.

Jblack-  hope we get a good review of that movie.  I'm a Del Toro fan too.

Scotty- the Mad Dog Pub just sounds like such a fun place to have a beer.

Jen16226-  YOu be careful out there driving on that snow.  You all that continue training when it's all icy and snowy are such an inspiration to the rest of us.  Hope the TM run goes alright.

Zelanie- yum that cake sounds really delicious!  I can't say I envy you though for having a 15 yr old daughter.  14 & 15 were terrible years for my DD.  Hope her birthday goes well.  (and I agree with Kristin, you don't look old enough to have a child that age.)

t-rod-  good luck on your HM this weekend.  It seems like you just did your marathon.  Man, you must have recuperated quickly!

Docket-  good luck at your marathon this Sunday.  I so don't get how you race so often.  You're really quite amazing.

I did a slow 9 miles with hills today.  The weather this week has just been perfect for running--- 60s and overcast.  Makes me happy I don't live in Alaska!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Awww, thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty - doesn't the Riverwalk get awfully crowded for running?  Or do you run away from all the shops and restaurants?

Ginny, Mostly I run on the less crowded spots of it and do the route so I finish where all the shoppes and restaurants are so I can have a post-run beer.  Big grin  If I do have to walk a bit for a crowd, not big deal, it's usually only for a couple of minutes.

Scotty- the Mad Dog Pub just sounds like such a fun place to have a beer.

It is!  When are you coming down to have one there with me, She Can?  Joking

SheCan

:-)  Docket!

Scotty, although I go through TX several times a year, it's been a VERY long time since I've been that far south into your state.  I don't think DH would buy "having a beer with Scotty at the Mad Dog Pub" as a good excuse to travel all the way down there.  Joking

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Good luck with the trail half, Tomas!  Where is this one located?

Glad you got safely through packet pickup, Damaris!  Have a fun marathon this weekend - I'm assuming it's this weekend - and don't get zINGed by anyone or anything! Big grin

Scotty- its near rIchmond, tx. Just outside of Houston. At Brazos bend state park. It's a free race Smile

She can- I did a full marathon two weeks ago. Legs are feeling pretty good.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We just drink Shiner Beer in lieu of going all the way down to TX.

:-)  Docket!

Scotty, although I go through TX several times a year, it's been a VERY long time since I've been that far south into your state.  I don't think DH would buy "having a beer with Scotty at the Mad Dog Pub" as a good excuse to travel all the way down there.  Joking

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No running or workouts today.  We did make it to Zero Dark Thirty.  Kind of long, but I stayed awake.  Ordered a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13's from Runningwarehouse.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I went to the massage therapist guy today and feel 10000000% better. I had some major build up of lactic acid in both calves that had built up into these knots. I could literally feel him working the knots out until they were gone. I even had a small one on the bottom of my foot that made the sharp pain on my last run.  It hurt like hell but man, I feel like I have new legs. If it wasn't pouring rain here I would go out and run a marathon (well, you know what I mean). In any case, DW and I are going to share some Blue Moons tonight, watch Gold Rush, and go for a run in the morning on my new legs.  Also, I am going to San Diego to meet my friend and we're going to the SDSU basketball game. Look for me on TV. Smile

Have a great weekend.