Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are here for you, fine people (Read 32 times)

Cyberic

Got up early to get my daily jog done. Will head out in a few minutes.

What about you guys and gals?

delicate flower

'Morning.  I've spent the last few nights making extra deposits into the sleep bank and I think that account is full.  I have a 10 minute swim on the schedule today "if I can", which I'll probably end up not doing.  Plenty of stuff to get done before me and Wife hit the road.

<3

LRB

lol

The plan was to run off all the bread I ate yesterday (which was a ton!), but when my stupid eyeball opened on its own at 5:24, I said oh hell naw!

Rest day #2 as a result, and I'm already feeling fat. Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I decided to set my alarm for 5, since I wasn't going to fall asleep before midnight.

It wasn't as humid as yesterday, only 68 degrees, 83% humidity and the dew point was only 62.

Jetta and I got in 6.1 miles and I got some more pretty pics.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Ran.

Mr MattM

4 before the sun.  Something at lunch.  More after work.

be curious; not judgmental

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.8 miles.  Cutback weeks are pretty cool.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Since I don't need to taper anymore, I'm going to run 10 tonight.  My arm (the whole arm) is red and swollen from the allergy shot so I might need inhaler help during but otherwise, I feel OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

10 miles/8:42; felt better than I thought I would. Lung- and heart-wise this pace is feeling nice and easy (especially with 55 degree weather this morning!) but the fatigue is starting to hit my legs. Gonna get some extra sleep and food in this weekend and see if that sets me right again. If that's not good enough, next step will be taking the mid-long and long runs at super-easy/recovery pace for a week. And I have cutback weeks built in so at least it won't be a total endless grind from now until taper.

I passed some guy around mile 7 and said good morning, he greeted me back and then said "showing off, huh?" "Nah, my coach is just trying to kill me a little!"

onemile

I have a 10 minute swim on the schedule today "if I can", which I'll probably end up not doing.  Plenty of stuff to get done before me and Wife hit the road.

It has to take twice that long to get to the pool, change, shower, etc.

delicate flower

It has to take twice that long to get to the pool, change, shower, etc.

Even worse...today calls for an open water swim.  It takes even longer to get to and is more inconvenient.  That is why I have decided to FTS.

<3

4 miles w/4x100m strides.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Even worse...today calls for an open water swim.  It takes even longer to get to and is more inconvenient.  That is why I have decided to FTS.

I would have as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I've been invited to run trails tomorrow, which would be my first time ever. That I'm even considering it is a miracle. lol

LRB

I would have as well.

Deciding which workout to blow off and when is what self-coached people do. The last time I checked this was not the case for Boon.