Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES sounds so... (Read 43 times)

LRB

Blah.

The 10 day forecast certainly does not help with that, f***!  Oh well, it is what it is (glass half-full) or it ain't what it ain't (glass half-empty) depending on your persuasion.

I have strength and core on the docket this morning, and will be going in late as I continue to purge my vacation bank down to an acceptable level before it is reset.

What's up with you?

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  Between Saturday night's extra sleep and yesterday's long nap, at about 4:30 this morning my body had reached sleep saturation point.   I'm pretty much fully charged now.  Mmmm...sleep...

Yeah, TV weather guy said winter temps will return for the next two weeks.  Considering how damn cold it's been the last couple of months, I can handle some balmy mid to high 20's for a couple of weeks.

Getting back on the roads today for 8 miles.  I have determined that too much treadmilling since November, not enough double digit runs lately, and not enough hill running did me in Saturday.  Lessons learned.

<3

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a great strength and core workout.

I did seven easy miles on the TM in 1:09:12. 9:54 pace. After work, I'll return to the gym for weights and cardio.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 6.1 miles in this morning, it was slow and achy - my quads and hams but it was overall a good run. Looking at my log I think I know what might have been the reason for the calves hurting so much the other week, my monthly mileage went up what too quick: November - 108, December - 135 and January 148 miles and those last two months were ran a lot on ice and slush. This month will be closing with around 113 miles, still good. Smile

The end of February is just about here, feels like only yesterday we were thankful for January to be over with and February to begin.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't walk at all this weekend and we'll see if I want to walk outside today.  I don't even know why I am awake this early when I'm not working.  Oh, well.

So, it's been 11 days since the surgery and I have lost as many pounds.  Nobody believed me when I said that all that weight was hormones, now I have proven it.  In fact, take another 20lbs while you're at it, haha.

LRB, sorry for your forecast.  I wish you could send some cool weather down here.

Phil, nice rest all weekend.  Nice 8.

Basya, nice job.

Andrea, listen to your body.

Have a great day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Phil, enjoy your eight-miler.

FreeSoul87, excellent 6.1.

Damaris, I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Took a rest day yesterday.  It was beautiful out, 70* and sunny, worked outside soaking up the sun while cutting & sanding wood for the loft bed I'm building for my son.  I'll get some easy recovery miles in today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Back to work and winter is back too. Arg.

SRD.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Great race, Dave! Congratulations!

Morning guys!

10 recovery miles after work. Then I might go visit baby after my run, if I'm allowed. DD asked that we leave her alone this past weekend so that she could rest a little, so I didn't visit then. She mentioned something about not sleeping at night anymore and being very tired. I have no idea what she's talking about and I'm sure all of you parents don't either. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

She mentioned something about not sleeping at night anymore and being very tired. I have no idea what she's talking about and I'm sure all of you parents don't either. 

When I hear my kids talking about that I just shake my head and tell them they have no idea what is waiting for them.  For when it is all said and done, sleepless nights will be the absolute least of their problems.  lol

happylily

When I hear my kids talking about that I just shake my head and tell them they have no idea what is waiting for them.  For when it is all said and done, sleepless nights will be the absolute least of their problems.  lol

LOL... So true. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, friends!

I was at the Y when they opened the doors a 5 a.m. to get 5.2 miles in on the indoor track. I learned that the couch really is evil - after spending all day yesterday sitting on my backside watching videos with a sick kiddo, my hip and lower back were not happy. I will find time to grab the roller several times today, I think. DS is home from school today - he's feeling better (no tummy issues or fever), but still not recovered. So I'll let him hang out. But he has enough energy to read instead of quite so much screen time.

Is it sad that I am envious of those of you who have temps in the 20s? Our highs this week are barely supposed to reach double digits, with lows back to double-digits below zero. And there is ice everywhere because of last week's rain. That ice ain't goin' nowhere anytime soon.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Lily, DD was pretty incredible as far as sleep goes. She was her daddy's daughter and snoozed a lot, even when really young. I didn't have many nights that were bad. Hopefully DD2 treats us the same way.

I did an Easy 5 miles on the TM this morning. Seems pretty paltry after my high mileage week last week. Holy crap I pulled a muscle in my back and it hurts like hell. It's right in the middle of my back and boy it's annoying. I might pop a Tylenol; we'll see.

- Andrew

Anyone like to review my activity calendar & extrapolate what I am going to do today?

Based on the weather forecast, looking forward to another big treadmill week.

Also just noticed I cracked 200 miles for the month yesterday. 

No more Olympics, will have to find something else to do tonight. Need to find out how to subscribe to the Cross Country Ski Network.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

LRB

Is it sad that I am envious of those of you who have temps in the 20s?

That is what we have been reduced to this winter!

My workout is done and I am at work.  I decided to go total body-weight exercises today with crunches, pushups, lunges, pullups and dips.

I did them circuit style in 4 sets.  It took 98 minutes to complete and was so thorough that my body now feels like a limp fuckin noodle!