Beginners and Beyond

As promised some happy memories from Boston with a few more pics. (Read 211 times)

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Awesome pictures Hilary!

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

B-Plus

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks so much for sharing!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Luke79

Look at you!  Hangin out with the superstars and all :P

RSX

Not a race report but I have a lot of happy memories this weekend. I have been watching or running (5 times) Boston every year since age 12, except for 1 so I love this event. I have a Boston poster with 30+ elite signatures that will be hung up when full. This weekend I got signatures from Desi Davila, Shalane, Kara, Ryan, Lauren Fleshman, Josh Cox, and Kim Jones (an American who finished 2nd here in the past), including  pictures with half. so I was real psyched. Saturday night was our annual pasta party for my club, one of the few nights I get to see most of us. Sunday I went back to the Expo with my brother and wife after we went to a brunch nearby, and an official from the Canadian Embassy in Boston sat with us, so we had a nice time.

My wife and I volunteered at the Wellesley College chip mat which is always fun. Pre-race we see a guy walking with a Canadian flag, and it was our embassy friend from the day before which became another picture taking moment. 1 woman runner stopped to kiss me which happened last time as well. LTH cracked my wife and I up when he came by also. I get to see the race from a great vantage point, and cheer on my friends. A runner went down in a bad spot in pain, but we were able to keep runners away from him until he was able to get up and somehow get back out there. As we were packing up, a Wellesley girl was a few kisses shy of 100 so asked the guys in our group to help her out, which was also cool. My wife laughed at that also.

While I was on the course, I was dvring the race at home. I watched the last hour of their planned coverage late last night. Fortuunately it stopped recording before the explosions so I get to see it again, in full with reminders of all the positive things that happened.

Rungry!

Wonderful pictures Hillary!! And I loved your post RSX - thanks for sharing Smile

Jen

Dr. Cornsitter

Mike, love you RR even though you weren't running. So happy to hear positive things come from this.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Dad on the run.

not to mention by not posting that RR for us all to read and enjoy it's allowing the enemy to win.

Cool pics Smile

I will write a RR once I've gotten home and decompressed and processed this insanity, because even the horror that happened shouldn't be allowed to tarnish a day that was more than 36 weeks in the making.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for sharing.

Shirfan, please do write an RR.

Mike, thank you for sharing your experience.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nevrgivup

Thanks Mike for sharing.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Great pics!

I am also planning on writing a RR. Just not today. It's going to be important for me to do.

B-Plus

I posted this in the explosion thread, but I guess this would be a more appropriate place. Look for yourself here:

http://jimrhoades.com/13/boston/

Goorun

Great pics!

I am also planning on writing a RR. Just not today. It's going to be important for me to do.

+1

I think that it is a part of the healing for everybody to start talking about running part, great experience Boston marathon is and will be in the future.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Goorun

Great pictures. There are plenty of happy memories and accomplishments to enjoy from the day for the runners and families that should be celebrated and remembered.

+1000

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Jen2011

Wonderful pictures!  Thank you for sharing.

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13