Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 23 times)

LRB

I didn't run today but I planned on it, does that count?

In other news, my normal sporadic sleep pattern has returned replacing the DST induced discombobulated one and I couldn't be happier!

Wha' cha got?

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 on the treadmill.

LRB, if it's not in your RA log, it didn't happen.

Docket_Rocket

I have weights and maybe a run. I’ll see how my ITB feels later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

The wind is back!  Rather unpleasant 35 mph gusts during my run, as if my run wasn't bad enough already.  I mean, it looks fine on paper, but I was tired and had no energy.  I was supposed to run 8 but called it quits at 5.  I'm going to go make some lunch pancakes because I use the carbohydrate calorie bomb.

<3

2.5 work day flat

Cyberic

9 or something. Met at girl I know on my way up. She was going down. I turned around and ran with her. Fun chat!

delicate flower

I'm going to go make some lunch pancakes because I use the carbohydrate calorie bomb.

So I made my pancakes and threw in a side of two scrambled eggs.  10 minutes after I finished, DW's friend stopped by our house with Mexican for lunch because it is DW's birthday, and she brought me a chicken burrito with rice and refried beans, and I ate the entire plate.  I am such a fat ass.  We were planning pizza for dinner but that may need to be postponed to tomorrow.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 miles. Lame neighborhood loops.

We must make a decision by tomorrow about whether DS will go back to school in person or stay at home for the last 44 days of school. Sooo many factors to consider--my running is not one of them but it would definitely make me have to run earlier again.

4 miles. Lame neighborhood loops.

We must make a decision by tomorrow about whether DS will go back to school in person or stay at home for the last 44 days of school. Sooo many factors to consider--my running is not one of them but it would definitely make me have to run earlier again.

CDC catching up with the science:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has updated its guidance for schools. On Friday, the agency announced it "now recommends that, with universal masking, students should maintain a distance of at least 3 feet in classroom settings."

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/978608714/cdc-says-schools-can-now-space-students-3-feet-apart-rather-than-6

sdWhiskers

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has updated its guidance for schools. On Friday, the agency announced it "now recommends that, with universal masking, students should maintain a distance of at least 3 feet in classroom settings."

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/978608714/cdc-says-schools-can-now-space-students-3-feet-apart-rather-than-6

My issue is more that to keep kids from switching teachers so late in the year, students both onsite and at home will continue to do the Zoom meetings  So I'd like to send my kid to school (lunch! recess! other kids!) but he'll still spend 3 hours online with a class that's partially at home. Is there value in that? For some kids, yes. But I'm not so sure for mine.

I'm less concerned about Covid for him at this point (MrW and I are both vaccinated, teachers should be by then, weekly testing at the school for teachers/students). Plus I just signed him up for the kid Moderna trial so hopefully we get enrolled for that.

My issue is more that to keep kids from switching teachers so late in the year, students both onsite and at home will continue to do the Zoom meetings  So I'd like to send my kid to school (lunch! recess! other kids!) but he'll still spend 3 hours online with a class that's partially at home. Is there value in that? For some kids, yes. But I'm not so sure for mine.

I'm less concerned about Covid for him at this point (MrW and I are both vaccinated, teachers should be by then, weekly testing at the school for teachers/students). Plus I just signed him up for the kid Moderna trial so hopefully we get enrolled for that.

😎

onemile

I ran 9 with Mona

Half Crazy K 2.0

There's a lot more to it than this. A whole lot more. Unfortunately, it's being reported that 3 feet is now ok without mentioning all the caveats that go along with it. My work has tried to stick with a by-the-numbers approach and we've gotten massive pressure from the same agenices that put out the state guidelines.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Only 2 runners left (out of 40) in the Barkley, and it seems the best either of them can hope for is to get a Fun Run.  A fourth loop seems unlikely for either (or so I've read).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

My uncle was able to see my dad today. They are going to try to get me to see him so I booked a flight for Thursday.

MTA: And that's because I need a covid test 2-3 days before I get there and results here take 2-3 days. FFS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page