Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES; Winning a race that no one wants to win (Read 53 times)

LRB

Yo.

I don't know what's up with my stupid moronic brain, but lately it keeps waking me up a full forty-five minutes before the alarm is set to go off. Does it realize these are the most precious minutes of sleep?? Apparently not, which is why it is stupid and moronic.

Hey Brain, you may not know this but I am not racing to wake up before the alarm goes off. ROAAAR!

Anyhoo, I'm heading out for a slog. What up doe?

Cyberic

Hello,

Trying to decide if I'll run once or twice today, and if I ron only once, will it be at lunch or during DD's soccer practice, in the dark?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 15 this morning, w/5x1 hard.  4 of those were faster than HMP, which I wasn't trying or expecting.  Then a hill climb, and a 4 mile fast finish.  I'm going to feel it the rest of the day, which suits me.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Hello!  lol

I've got a one hour tempo run to do later.  I am not looking forward to it.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with a 102 fever but actually felt good enough to be at the office.  Now I'm sweating the fever out and I hope that's the only thing I have left.  Oy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Woke up with a 102 fever but actually felt good enough to be at the office.  

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU?

Docket_Rocket

No fucking idea.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU?

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

100 miler training officially starts this week, as official as any of my training is. LOL  The core of it is b2b weekends, a trail 50k, and a self supported 50 mile training run, my weekday runs will look pretty much the same, I'll throw in some mid week MLRs when I can.  Since most people do a 50 mile race before jumping into a 100 miler, I want to do at least one run that distance.  The nice is thing is that I can do it on the race course, so I can practice my nutrition and pacing strategies for the race.  That'll be mid April, should be fun.  I have a couple of friends that are going to come out and run some loops with me (50 miles will be 16 loops).  Big change for this cycle will be strength training, doing a four day a week bowflex routine now, good stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Good morning everyone!!

100 miler training officially starts this week, as official as any of my training is. LOL  The core of it is b2b weekends, a trail 50k, and a self supported 50 mile training run, my weekday runs will look pretty much the same, I'll throw in some mid week MLRs when I can.  Since most people do a 50 mile race before jumping into a 100 miler, I want to do at least one run that distance.  The nice is thing is that I can do it on the race course, so I can practice my nutrition and pacing strategies for the race.  That'll be mid April, should be fun.  I have a couple of friends that are going to come out and run some loops with me (50 miles will be 16 loops).  Big change for this cycle will be strength training, doing a four day a week bowflex routine now, good stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Geezus!

That. Is. All.

bluerun

Super B****

8 on the AlterG to celebrate its second birthday!  (Buyer's remorse level: zero.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Finished 10.1 miles this morning....

I decided to try these new GT-2000 4's a 4th time, this time trying to loosen the shoestrings as much as possible... which always makes it feel like my ankles have no support around them (I like a good snug fit). It wasn't nearly as bad, but I do think my sciatic nerve is really acting up, which tends to cause my feet to be irritated so I might see about either getting a massage tonight or Friday.

I'm still debating on the shoes though.....

Came home, fixed two eggs (sunny side up), a Maple French Toast english muffin (new, and freaking yummy), and two maple smokie links. Oh and a bit of coffee.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

8 on the AlterG to celebrate its second birthday!  (Purchase satisfaction level: 100).

Or that.

bluerun

Super B****

Or that.

The two aren't direct opposites, though.  I can supply you with a paper outlining the reasons why, but I don't think you want that. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

My run this morning was almost normal (and no, I AM NOT MAKING AN INJURY-FREE PROCLAMATION). I have figured out how to run easy without dying (FINALLY!), and have found that the periods of soreness in my hip, adductor and quad are not as long as they have been.

#slowlygettingthere

#emphasisonslow