Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #23 (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning.

I went to the gym this morning, then headed back home to grab Jetta and we ran 5.2 miles. Calves and shins are still feeling tight and/or stiff..... ugh.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 7 miles tonight.

Shoulder woke up almost back to normal. We will see as the day goes by.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Swim done.

Run later.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

OMG, the 2020 marathon thread on the main forum is crazy.  If I decide to do one of those things,  no way would I post there.

delicate flower

OMG, the 2020 marathon thread on the main forum is crazy.  If I decide to do one of those things,  no way would I post there.

Yyyyep.  I could see that coming a mile away.  The sub-4:00 mile thread is another fun one.  Smile

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yyyyep.  I could see that coming a mile away.  The sub-4:00 mile thread is another fun one.  Smile

Yea, that one I can't figure out if the initial post was a troll.

LRB

Swim done.

Run later.

Hi 🖐

LRB

I checked out on page 2 I think. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

I checked out on page 2 I think. lol

Read the last 3 or 4 pages

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles, slated for an hour on the PT AlterG later because ConEd is ignoring me. I mean, fine. I'll just freeze to death, who cares? (While it is more important to me personally that I have a working AlterG, I realize that in terms of what takes priority for repair, something like not having adequate heat in the winter takes precedence. But I don't fucking have adequate heat either!!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Now of course I have to go and check it out, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Read the last 3 or 4 pages

That hurt. 

In all of that nonsense, Darkwave kept it 100. One of her comments resonated with me. Talking about the marathon taper and how the week before the race should mimic the week before your best long run. It was my number one takeaway from the NY debacle. My last workout before that race is how I want to go into Chicago. My legs were still a bit fatigued but felt super sharp. At no point during NY did they feel sharp, they just didn't hurt. So this year the focus will not be on rested legs, but on race ready ones. Lesson learned.

Docket_Rocket

Those are 10 minutes of my life I won't get back, lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, I agree with you about Darkwaves taper post. I feel like legs have been fresher when rested. Totally goes against a lot of running "truths:, but I felt really good in early January after my really sporadic December.

From the Internet.

ayyyy

I'm alive, just managing a bad foot. Left hip got its act together last week, right foot is taking over the pain train now. PF-ish but possibly secondary and due to subtalar joint inflammation based on when and how it hurts and what does and does not give me relief.

Pool workout with some other poor injured souls in my club this morning. Streak might be over, but I'd rather take some time off to get healthy if that's what it takes.