Beginners and Beyond

Warning re: Runfoolery / aka James Park or JHPark on RW (Read 1058 times)

I usually just assume that people will be sound asleep by the time they get to the part in my race report where I discuss my specific finish time and placing in the results.  There's always the chance that somebody might make it to the section wide awake, though. 

Not true Sir..not true.  Although on occassion, I have had to fuel up on coffee, I have in fact stayed awake and read every word of your reports.  I've gained lots of information (of the educational variety) from you.

mucknort

I can tell you that my husband searches Google before hiring people.

Namtor, sorry I misspelled your name.....and I am, in fact, Glinda the Good Witch.

Oh my. Well I just "googled" you, Glinda, and looky-looky what came up!Shocked

(I sure hope your husband doesn't discover this!)

5 Reasons The Greatest Movie Villain Ever is a 'Good' Witch
       http://www.cracked.com/article_18881_5-reasons-greatest-movie-villain-ever-good-witch.html#ixzz2ENzKwUmq

YAYpril - B-Plus

Whoever gave the heads up about Spokeo, thanks. I searched for myself and it's obscene the amount of information they seem to have. I don't have a FAIRLY common name, but I share it with a few other people in the country, and I was the only one in Pennsylvania. I immediately sent them a request to remove my listing, and then searched for my husband. He has a much more common name than me, but he also had multiple listings. I sent him a message (along with a link to his profile that includes THE STREET WE CURRENTLY LIVE ON - at least mine was attached to the apartment we moved out of a couple years ago) and told him to remove ALL of his listings.

It lists his parents and sisters, for goodness sake. And that's just the "free" info. Ugh. Disgusting and disturbing.

mucknort

Whoever gave the heads up about Spokeo, thanks.

Um, yeah. It also lists many of the places I've lived around the U.S. over the years. One funny thing is that it lists my house value at $1 million, even though it is only a fraction of that. Would love to get a realtor to agree, but more likely the town tax assessors would agree.

Now, how to you get off that thing, again?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Um, yeah. It also lists many of the places I've lived around the U.S. over the years. One funny thing is that it lists my house value at $1 million, even though it is only a fraction of that. Would love to get a realtor to agree, but more likely the town tax assessors would agree.

Now, how to you get off that thing, again?

For obvious reasons, they hid it pretty well. I had to go to the Google. http://www.spokeo.com/privacy

It gave a value of $250k for my apartment. Too bad I only got my security deposit back when I moved out. Sad

not lazy, just tired

This is kind of alarming. Oddly, it lists the value of our house as less than what we payed for it in 1980.

Not if it makes sense.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I just skimmed through the pages of this thread...very creepy stuff.

All of my information used to be available on my website, when I had my own business.  I ended up with a stalker for years.  I finally met my stalker, and we're getting married in March after 10 years.  How weird is that?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Heidi, this is weird, I mentioned this to DW, and she said that he was also doing this crap on a FB yard sale page that she is an admin of.
                  Docket_Rocket

Heidi, this is weird, I mentioned this to DW, and she said that he was also doing this crap on a FB yard sale page that she is an admin of.

Wow.  This guy now sounds like a crazy.  I wonder if he was ever a runner.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Really, Mitch?  Oh my goodness.  I can't believe that.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

runmomto3boys - That sucks that this creep contacted you (and others) this way, I agree that it's a good call to mention it here

BTW - When I was reading the OP my name definitely jumped out at me before I finished reading and I thought for a second that I had caused all the drama. I was pretty confused before I reread it, but it's all good now.

By way of background, I didn't know him from Adam when he first contacted me. 

I'd never known about the Google Image search of a username... I guess I'm not surprised that was possible.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Chairman

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

CClay

Better than all of you

I had the same issue with Paulski.  This thread finally gives me the strength to talk about it.

runmomto3boys

I had the same issue with Paulski.  This thread finally gives me the strength to talk about it.

Big grin

Adam: Oops!  Sorry that I scared you by mentioning your name...that was unintentional and this has nothing at all to do w/you. 

paulski66

miscreant

Check your in-box, sweet knees...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...