Beginners and Beyond

Warning re: Runfoolery / aka James Park or JHPark on RW (Read 1058 times)

Buelligan

I wonder if this guy was really a creep or just really stupid and awkward?

Stupid and awkward isn't as bad as creepy, but I guess it's bad enough.  

It's also one thing to compliment out in the open, for all to see, and another when it's through multiple creepy private messages. 

And I agree, this is a public message board, for anyone to see.   One creep has been banned, but there could be a lot of lurking creeps that are right clicking like mad on the the legs thread right now.  That thread, btw, has just gone from fun to disturbing.

Docket_Rocket

Why don't you have more admins? Having only two in a group this size seems too low. I am sure there are many trustworthy people here that could handle the responsibility. Like Heidi, for instance. 

That is a good idea.  I was not the owner of this group until last week, so I'm not sure who decided how many admins to have, etc.  But it makes sense.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I think a LOT of weird and inappropriate stuff goes on my private message, as has been said here many times. 

Docket_Rocket

I think a LOT of weird and inappropriate stuff goes on my private message, as has been said here many times. 

Which is why I hate them.  It's a copout for those that want to be mean or creepy (like in this case) with impunity.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I wonder if this guy was really a creep or just really stupid and awkward?

Stupid and awkward isn't as bad as creepy, but I guess it's bad enough.  

Stupid and awkward tends to make a mistake once, maybe twice.

When someone is sending PM's like those described to multiple women, being called on it and continuing moves my meter to the creeper zone. Just my $0.02

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am even sadder about how I am being treated behind the scenes for this,

That is awful too, Heidi.  +1 to what Brown Noser said.  You did absolutely the right thing by standing up and bringing this to light.  Why would anyone give you a lot of crap for that?  I don't get that at all.  What if it had been their wife, their girlfriend, their daughter, etc, this was happening to?  I bet their tune would soon change then!   I am sorry you are having to deal with stuff behind the scenes too, that is very sad.  But please know that there are a lot of people around here who support what you did and are behind you 100%.  Heck, if you had PMed me and told me about this creep, then I would have stood up for you, and with you, and also shouted it out to the world!  .  When I was very young, I once met Martin Luther King, for about all of a minute, and he told me "Silence implies consent."  It took me a while to understand that, but I got it as I got older.  Don't ever be afraid of doing what you think is right and shouting it out to be heard,  because it's when people do keep silent, that is how the 'baddies' keep getting away with this kind of crap.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MrNamtor

That's fine and I totally respect and understand that. I, however, enjoy complimenting people, men AND women. I makes me happy to be complimented and I love to repay the kindness.

This is how i am too.

When you compliment, you should have no motives other than to express support or appreciation. Definitely it should not be a lead-in to a come-on.

Buelligan

Does anyone actually read all the responses on a thread before they post? 

notimeforthat

I know I will have an unpopular opinion on this...but people treat others on the internet like they are the closest of friends and put personal details out there for the world to see. They post leg pics, ab pics, butt pics, etc and while I in NO way am defending someone who is that depraved, I cannot see at all how people would be surprised that this happens.

I hate that women were singled out, but most of us have families, children and do you really think it is a great idea to post pictures of yourself and your kids online. I learned my lesson a while back.

There is my 2 cents. Again, I am sorry to hear that people were affected by someone that crass, but I am not at all surprised.

I understand the OP didn't warrant any negative attention, but plenty who have posted that they were targeted, have.

Docket_Rocket

Does anyone actually read all the responses on thread before they post? 

Apparently not.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MrNamtor

there ARE 8 pages of posts here.

Just B.S.

Stupid and awkward tends to make a mistake once, maybe twice.

When someone is sending PM's like those described to multiple women, being called on it and continuing moves my meter to the creeper zone. Just my $0.02

Exactly, stupid and awkward is one thing and can be overlooked one or twice. And will these situations

happen in a public envirnoment,,,,,,sure, but they need to be dealt with and brought to light.

This situation was totally different from just a few "awkward episodes or mis-spoken words" in that a  person

was privately  contacting multiple women exhibiting similar behaviour in each situation that made most of those

women feel uncomfortable.

Some people can be more sensitive than others for sure but when mulitple people are getting the same vibe

then it is something that should not be ignored.

Docket_Rocket

there ARE 8 pages of posts here.

Does that mean you're lazy? Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MrNamtor

Does that mean you're lazy? Big grin

haha. Yes it does.Big grin