Beginners and Beyond

NRR - Some Pics of Old, Creepy, Abandoned Homes (Read 82 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I love photography, I love exploring and I love abandoned buildings, especially creepy ones or old ones.

Here are a couple of pics from yesterday, this house has been abandoned for a very long time and it's out in the field behind our property.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Cool. I love the 4th and the 5th photo.

LRB

At first glance I thought someone or something was hanging in pic 3. 

You gonna become a race photographer? You can pay your mortgage from the sale of one pic. lol

happylily

I love abandoned houses as well and I find your pictures really beautiful. However, looking at them makes me think that maybe I'd want to carry a gun on me if I were out alone exploring the inside of those houses. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks onemile

Lol LRB that pic is kind of, very creepy, and I've thought about it.... but the last two times I shot two races, I was jealous of everyone running in it. I don't really care about the money though, that's what DH is for  but I love photographing the human body at it's best, and to me running is definitely one of those.

Lily, I do , and it's easy to just wear a hoodie to cover mine at my side. Another house I shot that is falling apart (a fire happened) has a lot of vandalism from teenagers. The usual 666, Satan, Death, and a lot about rape - kids are stupid, but I'm still carrying my gun.

But if I can drag someone out with me, I usually do. It's never a smart thing to really go into buildings that are falling apart, and even more dumb to go in alone. This house had a room that I almost went into before I thought I heard steps in the attic, which at that point I got the fuck out of there lol. When I went around the back to a window of that room I noticed the floor was beginning to cave in, hell who knows if it would have held me up or not, but I didn't have my phone on me because it was less than a quarter of a mile from my house.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Here are a few others showing the house.

There was no way into the basement from inside the house, the entrance is that dark square in the bottom right of the "porch"

These next three were in the front room of the house, I am guessing the kitchen and/or living room?

There were a lot of mason jars in the basement, probably for food preserving (it would be exciting to find an abandoned moonshining distillery, but I doubt there are any around here).

The basement actually had real timbers/logs as beams in the room with the hanging shirts and old washer. In the far corner is where that one room is beginning to decay and fall in.

PRs

You like abandoned homes, you should come to Detroit, we've got tons of them. As well as abandoned factories, office buildings, theaters, etc. I'm sure it'll be safe, you'll have your gun.

Dave

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

It rubs the lotions on it's skin...

You people have issues 

happylily

It rubs the lotions on it's skin...

on its skin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I really want to go up north, like Detroit and Gary, IN. But that is something I would do with at least 2 other people, even with me carrying a gun, it's best to have other with you in situations like that.

Fsocks, so far I haven't met anybody like that.... though a few years ago (2011) a friend and I were out in "Dogtown" which is in the western corner of the Evansville area, fields that flood every year and has a lot of abandoned shacks and shit out there. Some guy stopped us and asked what we were up to, I told him I was doing some urban exploration, looking for old buildings and stuff. He seemed nice, but... I am pretty suspicious of just about everyone, especially after I watched the movie "Deliverance".

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

on its skin

Lol, grammar police 

PRs

happylily

These homes are still good! All they need is a good broom, a green garbage bag and a little love and you got yourself a great home with personality.

A lot of the things left behind would be worth something around here. The old wood doors are prized items. The old washing machine is super cool. The chairs, etc... There would be nothing left inside if these homes were here.

Docket_Rocket

Nice pics!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on its skin

Buffalo Bill would never have misused an apostrophe - what kind of monster do you think he is?

Dave

happylily

Buffalo Bill would never have misused an apostrophe - what kind of monster do you think he is?

The worst kind...

I have no idea what we're talking about, btw.