Beginners and Beyond

RR - Unplugged HM, Burlington, VT (Read 73 times)

Just B.S.

Great job! Congrats!

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats, you did great!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Inknburn posted your picture on Facebook! Your weight loss is incredible - way to go!!

Supersono99

Robin, I just saw your picture on the InkBurn facebook page where they posted about you! Congrats, I didn't know you had a huge weigh loss. Keep up the great work, you look fantastic.

LRB

Robin, I just saw your picture on the InkBurn facebook page where they posted about you! Congrats, I didn't know you had a huge weigh loss. Keep up the great work, you look fantastic.

She's famous!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats Robin on your first half! You did great....can't wait to see how it all comes together for your goal half now that you had this one to get the nervousness out of the way!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Robin.  You even beat my first HM time by a minute.

Mostly harmless

Congrats Robin! I'm looking forward to your "real" race next month!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Congrats Robin!  It will be fun to see how much faster you can still get.

B-Plus

Congrats on your first half marathon. I think that's a great idea to drop down and focus on the 5k. I wish I had done the same when I started.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sounds like a good strategy to get a practice race in, especially if you were feeling so nervous about it.  There's nothing to worry about, right? Smile  Your comment about the other racers and their gear was funny.  You're right though, most of us take too much.  As for the water cups, it is a shame that runners don't do a better job of hitting the trash cans.  I do find that the cans aren't far enough away from the aid station though, so if you're running while drinking you don't have a lot of choice but to toss the cup.

Great job on your first HM.  It sounds like you stayed strong the whole way.  You definitely will continue to improve your speed as you run more.  Also, now that you have this great base of miles from training for the half, your body should be able to take the speed training too with less chance of injury.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your half!  Nice photo of you!  And impressive that you ran this half wearing jeans... Wink

About the cups..I agree with what Oski said.  I, too, am a terrible shot, and usually miss.  I could be right next to the trash can and still miss, lol.   You know, the same way your DH, and husbands in general, can be standing right by the toilet and still miss.  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I think you did great, and there's certainly nothing wrong with switching your focus either temporarily or permanently if you find out that's what you like.  You have to do what you enjoy, but I definitely think you have it in you to run the paces you'd like.  Just train smart, and you'll get there.  Congratulations.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

robinde

Congrats on your half!  Nice photo of you!  And impressive that you ran this half wearing jeans... Wink

I know.  I'm a total redneck.  Getting back to my TX roots before I head back next week.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I know.  I'm a total redneck.  Getting back to my TX roots before I head back next week.

Looking forward to meeting you in Fredericksburg for the Wild Flower event.

BTW...don't be disappointed, but there really are no wild flowers to be seen along the courses.  Go figure. I guess all we participants are the 'wild flowers' lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt