Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are all about the weekend thaw (Read 34 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8 enjoyable miles in weather that will make some of you jealous.  It was 38 with a wc around 30, which felt like summer vacation.  We are supposed to hit 60 Friday and Saturday, which makes me as excited as a kid on xmas eve.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Today would be my Friday off but that was suspended until Monday due to the shutdown ending halfway through a pay period week.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

This wind we're having lately is making my morning commutes fun, but my runs back home, less so.

But not going to complain. Some of yous internet people have gotten it worse than me in the past few days.

delicate flower

I finally got my lazy ass to the pool this week and did 2700 yards.  Got an easy run to do later too.  After today, it's looking like two weeks of warm-for-winter weather.  It'll be March before we know it.  Hopefully the track and/or bike path will clear up from the snow that's on it right now.

<3

onemile

This wind we're having lately is making my morning commutes fun, but my runs back home, less so.

But not going to complain. Some of yous internet people have gotten it worse than me in the past few days.

The worst of it is over. It's going to be much warmer today (already 10 degrees and getting up to 18!)

KCRuns

Good morning!  We are thawing out Smile

I'm back in the office today, so I will go to the gym during lunch for some treadmill miles.

LM, I'm sorry about the rain in the forecast, but honestly I would take the rain over sunshine.  Hopefully, it's the kind of rain that cools things down for you.  If you have a hat or visor with a brim to keep it off your face, you'll be okay.  Wear a poncho or something in the corral so you start warm and dry until the start.  And if you're wearing a tank, use anti-chafing stuff on your arms where the fabric might rub.  That was my only unexpected issue at Chicago last year where it rained for the first 10 or so miles.  I spent the last 15 miles applying aquaphor to my arms where I got chafed (it was a tank I've worn often with no chafing, so I blame the rain).

sdWhiskers

I have not run since Sunday and am feeling super antsy. Will try a few slow miles after work if it's not monsooning. Coughing and sneezing isn't as bad now but I still feel like I need to sleep 10 hours to catch back up. On the positive side, my leg/knee pain seems to be gone.

sdWhiskers

The worst of it is over. It's going to be much warmer today (already 10 degrees and getting up to 18!)

I would die

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I woke up to my alarm feeling 100% for a few seconds then it hit me hard.... fucking hell man, well I don't care what I feel like tomorrow, I'm getting up.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I finally got my lazy ass to the pool this week and did 2700 yards.  Got an easy run to do later too.  After today, it's looking like two weeks of warm-for-winter weather.  It'll be March before we know it.  Hopefully the track and/or bike path will clear up from the snow that's on it right now.

Normally cause for celebration except last March was an utter abomination weather-wise. Hopefully we'll get a normal March this year and then we can celebrate.  Woot.

LRB

It's 5 right now and after the beating we've taken the past week that feels great. lol

LRB

I ran 7 on Frankenstein's monster. And with any luck, that'll be the last time for that nonsense for a day, week or even a year.

GinnyinPA

It's snowing steadily here, so I'll do 4 on the TM later. I like running in the snow, but not being able to see the ice underneath scares me, especially on the hills. Hopefully the warm-up this weekend will get rid of most of it.

onemile

I ran 7 on Frankenstein's monster. And with any luck, that'll be the last time for that nonsense for a day, week or even a year.

After 4 indoor runs I am so ready to be back outside today

LRB

After 4 indoor runs I am so ready to be back outside today

Seriously. It's been 5 for me and I'm anxious to see shit moving past me while I'm running. lol