Beginners and Beyond

Warm Saturdailies! (Read 26 times)

delicate flower

It's about damn time we get some warm weather up in here!  I am tagging along with wife and friends on their long bike ride this morning.  I think they are doing 70 miles but it'll be an easy 70 miles, if there is such a thing.  Then lunch, and tonight is Wonder Woman.

Last night's open water swim was once again in COLD water, and my hand stopped functioning again.  I went from swimming fast to swimming slow once my hands seized up on me.  Oh well.  Still a good swim with good company.

Good luck to everyone who wants or needs some good luck today!

Go get it.

<3

LRB

We've got five days of 90s coming so cue the cheese because there will be plenty of whine going around and rightfully so, it's too early for that for our area.

LRB

I'm gonna "run long" on the elliptical this morning. I would be thrilled with 90 minutes if I can hang in there that long. We'll see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well last night was fun, I pushed Dorian a little and the first mile was ran in like 14:42, but we began to slow down by the second mile and finished that in just under 20 min/mile. Even with my headlamp, he was still occasionally tripping on roots because he doesn't really understand that you've got to keep your eyes on the ground in front of you lol so he was getting quite aggravated and tired by the end of mile 2. We finished the 5k in 51 minutes and 59 seconds so not bad for being a night trail race and his second race (the 1st was at night time last year.

And we were not the last ones, there were actually 10 others behind us, 68 finishers total so not awful but hopefully we can maybe try a few road 5k's but I want to focus on them being fun for him.

Anyways, I hit the gym this morning.

No automatic alt text available.

There was like nobody in there at one point so I decided to try the squats at the rack or whatever that thing is called.... I realized I should've done this first as my legs were quite weak and wobbly from the squat press 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I'm gonna "run long" on the elliptical this morning. I would be thrilled with 90 minutes if I can hang in there that long. We'll see.

Done.

Yard work after my brain recovers I recover.

No more marathons

One Race down - two to go.

Pretty much ran this as well as I could.  Lost focus in mile 5 but picked it back up for mile 6.

No one passed me from about the three quarter mile mark, and I passed 5 guys in my age group (they had us wear age group numbers on our backs) from mile 1 through mile 5.  By then it was pretty spread out but I managed to pass one youngster (55-59) with about half mile to go.

Finished 6th of 22 in my age group and 28th of 150 overall.

Winning time was a 55-59 age in 36:43.  Holy Shit!

My time was 45:40.  It was warm and humid but that probably worked to my advantage.

Now for a shower and then some food and drink.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Score! Went to the Holabird Sports sidewalk sale and got a pair of Wave Rider 19s for $25.

Nice race Bluesky. Fast winner. Wow.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 12 on the hotel TM. Now off to see my mom for lunch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ice job bluesky!

One Race down - two to go.

Pretty much ran this as well as I could.  Lost focus in mile 5 but picked it back up for mile 6.

No one passed me from about the three quarter mile mark, and I passed 5 guys in my age group (they had us wear age group numbers on our backs) from mile 1 through mile 5.  By then it was pretty spread out but I managed to pass one youngster (55-59) with about half mile to go.

Finished 6th of 22 in my age group and 28th of 150 overall.

Winning time was a 55-59 age in 36:43.  Holy Shit!

My time was 45:40.  It was warm and humid but that probably worked to my advantage.

Now for a shower and then some food and drink.

I wish all races had this!

Dave

onemile

I ran the Bellin run 10k today. It's always a warm race but a huge event and my mom likes to walk it.  So I after I finished I ran to catch her and walk the rest with her.

Got to high 5 Meb and Jared Ward who also ran it. Kinda cool.

I ran the Bellin run 10k today. It's always a warm race but a huge event and my mom likes to walk it.  So I after I finished I ran to catch her and walk the rest with her.

Cool, and congrats! Still a good time even though warm. AG placing?

Dave

onemile

Cool, and congrats! Still a good time even though warm. AG placing?

I think I was 6th out of 300 something and 26th female. This is a 13k+ runner event

LRB

I think I was 6th out of 300 something and 26th female. This is a 13k+ runner event

Has the sun fried my brain or does something not add up here?

Has the sun fried my brain or does something not add up here?

Presumably a bunch of fast ladies in their 20s, and possibly a bunch of HS/college XC runners.

6/300 and 26/6000ish is pretty freaking impressive

Dave

LRB

Nice, especially given the temps!