Beginners and Beyond

Hey, TUESDAILIES, Get Crackin'! (Read 49 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Robert - The more you increase your miles, the more the pace will continue to drop, I betcha!

To date, that has worked perfectly for me.

I have a circumstance I'm trying to work through that will help somewhat.  My dear wife recently volunteered me as a RP with someone we both know well, and quite frankly, he is a great person.  He is a seasoned runner and is in fact slightly faster than me.  I've spent the past few weeks running with him (keeping up with his pace which has benefited me) but quite frankly I am not a fan of the RP thing.  My 5AM runs are MY time.  This morning I ran at the pace I wanted to run and he kept his pace which by the time we finished had him a fair distance ahead of me.  I told him that I plan to hold my pace and concentrate more on the distance moving forward.

That was probably way more info than anyone wanted....

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone!! Went out for a 2 mile run then runner's yoga, felt pretty good. Then, midrun, my phone rang. I ignored it. When I checked the message, it was Runner's World saying I won a free entry into the half!!!!!

SQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

They were raffling off entries at St Luke's this weekend. I actually forgot I signed up. I AM SO EXCITED! It didn't help that I had to run errands along the course so I just kept getting pumped all over again.

oh, and since LRB started it, I'm Wayne Brady bitch!!! Funniest skit ever.

outoftheblue

It's only 8:30 PDT and already I'm hopelessly behind with the Dailies.  Woke up early to day and got in a wonderful 5.2 mile run watching the sun rise, showered and now DH is almost done making banana, walnut pancakes.

Ami -- Glad it's not a stress fracture, but sorry that you have some other lingering issues.  I hope the shots help.  At least you know what you are dealing with.

Pink -- Finger crossed for you on your MRI.

Damaris -- That poor woman, she doesn't look like she's having any fun at all does she?  Speaking of fun, I hope you have a blast in P.R.  That should be an amazing experience.

Life is good.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Ami, I'm so glad you don't have a stress fracture. I hope the shots help.

Pink, thinking good vibes for your MRI.

I just registered for a local 5k on May 11. If I can't have a redemption HM, at least I can try to PR in the 5k. I came within 30 seconds of my PR (from last October) on a really hilly race I ran in March, and this one is flat, flat, flat, so hopefully I can come up with a good number.

Jess runs for bacon

I just registered for a local 5k on May 11. If I can't have a redemption HM, at least I can try to PR in the 5k. I came within 30 seconds of my PR (from last October) on a really hilly race I ran in March, and this one is flat, flat, flat, so hopefully I can come up with a good number.

Fingers crossed for you! I'll see you there.

Ric-G

shirfan - wth? glad you're ok and hope he finds his truck on blocks today

pink - fingers crossed re the MRI

basya - nice mileage

D - funny pic; totally believable unfortunately

marjorie - excellent totals

ami - hope the shots help too

5 miles later ...did 5 late yesterday too. will be signing up for a half soon. have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, April.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Luke79

May the force be with you.

Luke79

8 mile hard bike + 4.2 mile run @ 8:50.  Very nice brick on a nice warm day.  I'm absolutely as ready as can be to go sub 25 in my 5k Saturday.  I want that badly, so I can put that distance to rest for a while.  I much prefer the longer slower stuff, although going faster does feel cool sometimes.

LRB

My 5AM runs are MY time. 

I completely understand.  My morning workouts are how I center myself, I could not right do that with someone else in my space.

Jay, I caught the story of your run in last nights dailies.  Thank goodness you did not find that guy.  With all that you are dealing with, that would not have ended well for him then, or you long term.

kristin10185, if you're not naturally a morning person, making the transition to morning exercise can be difficult:/

AprilRunner, I hope that another rest day helps your calves heal. I hope that you meet your goal of PRing in the 5K.

SIAR, have fun doing whatever you do.

flarunnner, sweet wet seven.

Rick, great run. I like how flexible you are.

Brrrrrrr, fantastic TM four-miler.

scottydawg, enjoy your post-work run.

Oski, have a pleasant rest day.

scappodaqui, yay for a normal test result!

Jack, terrific two-miler. Enjoy the rest.

Beth, have fun running and riding.

BruceD555, thank you for the sample tapering schedule.

Marjorie, awesome 11.5 and monthly mileage.

Shari, great workout(s) this morning.

lilac_jive, two miles and yoga sound wonderful. Free entry into a race sounds perfect. Yippee!

outoftheblue, 5.2 sunrise miles are beautiful. I enjoy them whenever I have the chance.

Ric-G, have an amazing five-miler later. For which HM will you register?

Luke, smoking ride and run. Good luck on Saturday!

The ride to work took much less time than it usually does. So, I did 3.0 in 28:54.33 before work. Slow, smooth, consistent 9:38 pace. I'm at 150 for April. Happy happy joy joy!

YAYpril - B-Plus

May the force be with you.

LOL. Thanks, darlin. Is it fate that your goal 5k is on May 4? May the fourth be with you and all that. Smile

B-Plus

I completely understand.  My morning workouts are how I center myself, I could not right do that with someone else in my space.

Jay, I caught the story of your run in last nights dailies.  Thank goodness you did not find that guy.  With all that you are dealing with, that would not have ended well for him then, or you long term.

+1. I'm glad you're okay Shirfan.

Basya - LRB has a good suggestion on doing the last week of Daniels plan A. That used to be my go to race week schedule, regardless of distance. Now I just won't it.

April - Good luck with the 5k. I'm looking forward to hearing about a big PR from you.

Docket_Rocket

May speed be with you too!

LOL. Thanks, darlin. Is it fate that your goal 5k is on May 4? May the fourth be with you and all that. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I'm at 150 for April. Happy happy joy joy!

Nice!