Beginners and Beyond

Hey, TUESDAILIES, Get Crackin'! (Read 49 times)

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Basya.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So it is sunny early this AM, sky starts to darken just in time for lunchtime run, starts drizzling as I go out. Thinking about going for the treadmill, but decide it didn't look too bad. Of course it steadily increases to a downpour by the last couple miles. Go to the gym to shower, come out & it's all cleared up again. The sun is now coming out. I guess I should feel special it rained just for me. Second run in a row in the rain, maybe it builds character?

Anyhoo, 7 miles at 8:58. Puts me at 184 for the month, shattering my previous high by 26 miles. Now I'm only halfway to Marjorie! Roll eyes

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

Outstanding work, Basya!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Great job!  Now go out there and run the other half so you can catch her. Joking

So it is sunny early this AM, sky starts to darken just in time for lunchtime run, starts drizzling as I go out. Thinking about going for the treadmill, but decide it didn't look too bad. Of course it steadily increases to a downpour by the last couple miles. Go to the gym to shower, come out & it's all cleared up again. The sun is now coming out. I guess I should feel special it rained just for me. Second run in a row in the rain, maybe it builds character?

Anyhoo, 7 miles at 8:58. Puts me at 184 for the month, shattering my previous high by 26 miles. Now I'm only halfway to Marjorie! Roll eyes

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

BruceD555, thank you for the sample tapering schedule.

You're very welcome ... though I forgot to warn you that my taper schedule may have some mild side effects Wink

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

Like what?  Shaving your beard and changing your user name?  Have you ever fall going UP the stairs TWICE while tapering?  I win!

You're very welcome ... though I forgot to warn you that my taper schedule may have some mild side effects Wink

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LOL.

You need to list them all, like in those drug commercials.

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Like what?  Shaving your beard and changing your user name?  Have you ever fall going UP the stairs TWICE while tapering?  I win!

Not taper-related, but I fell down my stairs the first morning I woke up in my house after moving in.

Docket_Rocket

While asleep? Joking

Did you get lost and failed to notice the stairs?  Ouch.

Not taper-related, but I fell down my stairs the first morning I woke up in my house after moving in.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

While asleep? Joking

Did you get lost and failed to notice the stairs?  Ouch.

Nope! I knew exactly where they were. I am just clumsy.

Docket_Rocket

Me too.  I was once walking and the next thing I know I was looking at the ceiling.

When I was little I was going up some stairs to go down a slide when the stair "banister" or hwoever you call it, had a weird curve down and I missed it.  I fell to the floor on my back.  I still don't know how I managed not to break something.

I have fallen on most of our vacation trips.  It's like tradition.

Nope! I knew exactly where they were. I am just clumsy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The most famous was when we were walking in London and my husband pushed me playfully.  I moved like 3 steps and touched the curb.  I went down immediately.  I didn't speak to him for 3 hours which was funny since we were sightseeing and he wouldn't shut up.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Holy $&@#

Do you have any races planned, or do you just run?

I just run a lot. I do have a marathon June 8th. Hatfield and McCoy. Plan on Outer Banks (NC) in Nov.

Marjorie

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ami, I'm so glad you don't have a stress fracture. I hope the shots help.

Pink, thinking good vibes for your MRI.

I just registered for a local 5k on May 11. If I can't have a redemption HM, at least I can try to PR in the 5k. I came within 30 seconds of my PR (from last October) on a really hilly race I ran in March, and this one is flat, flat, flat, so hopefully I can come up with a good number.

Did I completely miss your race report, or did I respond and just forget?  I'm feeling badly because I don't remember your race more clearly.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I just run a lot. I do have a marathon June 8th. Hatfield and McCoy. Plan on Outer Banks (NC) in Nov.

Where do you think you'll stay in OBX?  I love it down there, especially Corolla.  We've rented a house in the Curricuck Club down there a few times and it's been great.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn