Beginners and Beyond

Beer Mile World Championships on Flotrack Tonight (Read 25 times)

Love the Half

Starting around 7:00 Eastern.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

B-Plus

1, 3, 5 + masters world record!

I lifted the stuff below from elsewhere. This is something I have no desire to do as I am pretty sure I would fail at the "tries not to vomit" part of it. It is also my opinion that no matter how silly one thinks an event like this is, running a 5:00 mile that includes chugging four beers is impressive.

Gallagher's training:

In preparation for his big race Wednesday, the Canadian runner Corey Gallagher followed a strict regimen: go home from work, chug two bottles of water, devour four sandwiches and chug two more bottles of water, chasing it all with a 10-mile run.  Other days, Gallagher, a 27-year-old mailman in Winnipeg, Manitoba, turns his treadmill to top speed for a mile and downs four bottles of beer — one per quarter-mile — each in less than eight seconds. Then he tries not to vomit.

Stats:

Love the Half

Although I have a passion for beer, I have never been able to chug it and I am 100% certain there isn't a chance in hell I could do a beer mile in under half an hour.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

I don't know that I would even try it let alone complete it!